Thursday 23 June 2011

WMSCCC04 - that's April ...

...  done!   For the Waltzingmouse Christmas Card in April - we were asked to use lots of glitter or flock and concentrate on the fluffy white stuff - snow!  It would help if I read the instructions properly - I've used lots of glitter and some flock - but sadly there's no snow in sight!  I'm going to share it anyway, and go away and try again!  This time I'll feature snow!  Doh!!  And to be fair, this is a bit of a cheat - I made a card for my Blog friends last Christmas and it obviously wasn't posted, but I liked it a lot and have kept it in my stash.  I simply added some glitter to the hat and bell, and flock to Santa's beard - which I didn't do last year.  And I mounted the amended image on a dark blue pearlised card base.  Here's the updated version, but I will go away and make a snow themed card!!




Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Around Christmastime, Off Beat Backgrounds
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Lady Bug, Cottage Ivy
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Kaleidoscope
Accessories:  Card, glitter and flock from stash



You can see the texture of the glitter and flock in the picture above - it looks great in real life and I'm actually very pleased with the improved version.  So that's another card made for my Christmas 2011 collection.  Sadly, it doesn't met the challenge requirements.  Oh well, off to have another think :)  See you later.

6 comments:

Crea Astrid said...

You're already quite in form, with the Christmas cards. They have become very nice.

Have a go at your card of WMSC52 Challenge also left a message.

Greetings Astrid.

Paula (PEP) said...

I like your use of navy as the base cardstock - very effective combined with the traditional red & green.
Love the splash of gold too.
Paula (PEP)

Jen W. said...

Love it! That image is awesome and the borders are so fun. )

Vicky Hayes said...

Have been loving your Christmas cards Deborah but this one is my runaway favourite! I love the central circular design and the textures you've used.

Jenny said...

Lovely card Deborah, such a brilliant image :)
Jenny x

Mona Pendleton said...

What a wonderful Christmas card Deb! Love Santa's shimmery hat trim! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...