Saturday 25 June 2011

OLW59 - So sweet ....

... is being hosted by Susan at Simplicity - she has a wonderful inspiration picture for us, which she borrowed from Pinterest.  Now I really like this picture - it's bright, fresh and really pretty.  And you can take from it just about anything you want.  




I've gone for the grid layout - six jars held together with yellow ribbon - so pretty.  For my card I stamped six doilies in one shade of yellow and then added inside each doily another smaller doily in a darker yellow and finished off with a tiny circle in the centre in green.  Hey presto - six flowers in a grid!!  To finish off I added a simple sentiment.  And this came together surprisingly quickly.




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies Large
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi
Accessories:  Card from stash

Today is a bit of a tough day for my Mum and me.  My sister, Tracey, would have been 49 years old and she would also be celebrating her Wedding Anniversary today.  Sadly, Tracey died earlier this year and it was such a shock to us all.  My brother-in-law, Bert, is visiting with us today, bringing with him my nephew, Gareth, and Tracey's best friend, Catherine.  Catherine's boys will be with her - and one of her sons, Callum, is my great-nephew (gosh that makes me sound old).  And we're going to celebrate her life by remembering all the good times and having a bit of a party.  Even though Tracey is no longer with us, she will always be in our hearts and sharing memories and being together is a great way to remember her.

That's all for now.  I'll be checking back in later this evening - got to see what Mandi & Chrissie have in store for us this week.  I think the monogram theme last week was rather tough - so I hope they're going to be kinder to us.  And before I go - I must say Hi and welcome to Mary J - thanks for joining my band of followers!

7 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh your doilies are perfect Deborah! Must go take a look at Susan's Challenge today!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a great interpretation of the inspiration photo Deborah. I hope the party goes well - it's a wonderful way to remember your sister and being together will bring comfort to you all.

Shobana said...

Just lovely! Loving that WM doily stamp too!
A beautiful way to remember your sister.

Jenny said...

Love how you used the inspiration from the picture Deborah, very fresh design :)
So sorry to hear about your sister, I'm sure you'll find strength by being together on her birthday.
Hugs
Jenny x

Kim S said...

What a sunny and so very sweet card!

Stella said...

Denb it is so sad that your sister passed away. These days are tough. But it will be good for all of you to gather together and celebrate her life. Maybe a few tears but I hope a few good laughs too. Thinking of you....

And your card; this is such a gorgeous example that you can create a beauty with only a few things. You always know how to make a beautiful card based upon less is more.... much more :)
Hugs!

Rosemary said...

love where the inspiration photo took you! lovely card...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...