Sunday 12 June 2011

OLW57 and Less is More19 ....

.... I love it when I can combine two of my favourite challenges.  Both challenges are for cards with clean and simple designs.  The One Layer Wednesday - OLW57 challenge this week is being hosted by Jennifer at Styles Ink where the brief is Summer Holidays.  The challenge at Less is More also for a one layer card, but it needs to include a frame.

It's taken me a little while to come up with something for OLW57 - I have several lovely stamps featuring lighthouses - but that's been done.  I thought about flip-flops.  Then I decided to use a sweet little stamp that I got free with Craft Stamper - and just makes me think of beaches! And hence long hot summer holidays lying by the sea, listening to the waves and enjoying the sunshine!!  If only!  And best of all it also fits the LIM challenge as the stamp comes with it own word frame!!  It's a sweet card, pearlised ivory in colour and only measures 3" × 3".  I used two shades of brown ink; covering the whole of the image with the lighter colour and adding the darker colour to the words and edges of the shell. 




Stamp:  Sea Shells - Free with Craft Stamper Magazine
Inks:  Memento - Potters Clay, Rich Cocoa

That's my first card today - I hope to get back later with at least one more card.  This morning I'm off to my local Craft group - it's been ages since I've managed to attend, so I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's been up to.  And, of course, to share some of my cards with them.  I do hope that today's weather is a bit more summery.  See you later.

25 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Great card and a good idea to encompass both challenges, works brilliantly, Gay xx

Jen W. said...

Fabulous take on the challenges! Love that sweet stamp. :)

Carol said...

Sweet little card, great colours. Carol x

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful CAS design Deborah! love the shell and the duo of colors!

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the way you've used the two different brown colours on this - very effective. Brilliant interpretation of the frame idea too.
Paula (PEP)

Susan said...

Deborah, this is a perfectly wonderful summer card! Love it!

Erica said...

Simple elegance...love the image and the paper you used to stamp.

Pauline said...

A sweet stamp used to great effect.

Chrissie said...

Sweet little card Deborah!
Just right!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Gorgeous sea shell card.

Jenny said...

This is just perfect for both challenges. Love the wordy frame :)
Jenny x

Heidi said...

Lovely card, and the stamp is magic. hugs heidi x

Kathyk said...

Lovely - fab use of this stamp too

Kathyk

Sarn said...

Lovely. Very CAS!

Hugs, Sandra

Pauline said...

Really liked your card. It is clean and a perfect choice for OLW. It has also inspired me to get out my shell stamps. Thanks
Pauline H.

Aileen said...

Love that your frame is words. Looks so effective. x

Aileen said...

Love that your frame is words. Looks so effective. x

Clare said...

Super CAS card, love that shell stamp!

Beryl K said...

Another great card
Beryl x

Mandi said...

Another super card DEborah
Look forward to the next
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"

Buffy said...

Lovely card Debs

Tara Cardwell said...

Hi Deborah
Great card - good idea to combine the two challenges too. I thought I reckonised that stamp so I must have it somewhere....
I've not had chance to visit everybody's cards this week - with the fete on sunday and the fair yesterday its been a bit busy and now I really MUST get my room tidied so I can find somewhere to put my new stuff!! Stamp magic was brilliant - got a couple of more sponsors sorted and picked up the stamps from lilli of the valley.
Tara x

Vicky Hayes said...

Hi Deborah. I'm playing catch-up on your blog and you've been making some fabulous things. I'm loving all your LiM cards but especially this one with its sandy colours and elegant simplicity.

Zoechaos said...

Gosh I'd forgotten this stamp perfect for this weeks LIM theme XOXO Zoe

Susan Raihala said...

Deborah, this is simply perfect. The pearlized paper is pure genius in combination with the browns of the shell and frame. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...