Tuesday 14 June 2011

A couple of challenges ...

... well, I didn't get around to sharing a card yesterday!  I  had a really fun day, spending yesterday morning at Craft class catching up with the girls - seeing what they've been making and generally chatting!!  It's so nice to be in the company of other crafters - they really understand when you say that you "need" a new stamp, die cutter, etc! 

And yesterday afternoon was spent watching the Men's Tennis final from Queen's.  Andy Murray (GB) vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France).  The final was supposed to be played on Sunday, but the weather was so awful that it was postponed to Monday.  I love to watch tennis - it can be so exciting, but Andy lost the first set and I was chewing my nails halfway through the second set - I thought it was all over.  Then, Andy seemed to step his game up - and he won the tie-break on the second set.  Andy really seemed to be getting better all the way through the third set, and he eventually won 3-6, 7-6, 6-4.  It was a super game and I'm now getting ready for two glorious weeks of tennis from Wimbledon!  It all starts on 20th June :)))


However, I did get to play in my craft room late yesterday evening and I decided to make one card for two challenges.  The colours for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge - PDCC85 - are just beautiful; blueberry, dusky rose and cream!!  And I'm almost at the deadline for this challenge.  For the layout I've used the  sketch from this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - WMSC51.  The sketch was created by WMS DT member - Belinda Chang Langner - she does lovely work!!

For a change, I've stuck to the layout given in the sketch - no adapting shapes, no changes of position and no flipping - my layout is just as Belinda designed the sketch!  I started off with a plain cream textured card base, masked off a small border all the way around the card and then stamped a lovely lace pattern in the "blueberry" colour all over it.  I cut out a small panel of pearlised cream card onto which I stamped my sentiment.  For the circle shapes I used the wonderful doily stamps - just perfect for this sketch.  I cut the largest out using my nesties and the two smaller circles with Stampin' Up! punches.  Finally, I added some bling!




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Dainty Doilies Large, Dainty Doilies Small; Kanban - All Occasions (lace); Papermania - Birdsong (sentiment)
Inks:  Distress - Chipped Sapphire, Victorian Velvet
Spellbinders:  Big Scalloped Circles Lg (S4-249) die # 2
Accessories:  Card and gems from stash; Stampin' Up! circle punches

I'm off to my local hospital this morning for a blood test - just to check thyroxine levels and make sure my tablets are working!!  I'm going to accompanied by my Mum - she's having blood taken to check her Warfarin levels.  And then I'm having some physio on my knee - hopefully, it will start to feel better soon!!

That's all for now - I'll be checking in again later today - I've still got lots of commenting to do on this week's CR84FN challenge - so many lovely cards!!  See you soon.

15 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Beautiful! Lovely way to use the colors and I love the simple elegance :) Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Pauline said...

Lovely card Deborah, the lacy background is so pretty!

Hope all goes well at the hospital for you both xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi deborah
Gorgeous card.....Fabulous
hugs
sylvie
xxxx

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous card, Lynn! For some reason I've been struggling with this colour combo but you knocked it our of the park! :)

Kelly S. said...

What a lovely combination of images, Deborah! The lace is perfect with your doilies, and the colors so soft and lovely!

JJ Bolton said...

Love the girly mix of doilies and lace, so pretty! Hope you feel better soon!

Paula (PEP) said...

The colours are super & that blueberry background really stunning; delightful stamping & so delicate with your small pink medallions. Hope everything went OK at the hospital.
Paula (PEP)

Cyndie said...

Absolutely beautiful! You really nailed the colors and I love how you did the doily flowers. I did not know that the WMS doily coordinated with the scalloped circles Nestie--looks like that is another must-have!

Jenny said...

So pretty Deborah, the sentiment is so lovely too :)
Jenny x

Tracey said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card Deborah!!! LOVE all your stamping ink beauty!!Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe :)

Stella said...

This is a lovely and elegant take on the challenge; the colors are spot on. Love it!
X

Christina said...

This is lovely, Deborah! I am smitten with these doilies, and they look just fabulous with the bling in the center. Super job combining these challenges!

Cassandra said...

Great job Deb. Love that lace stamp, have to look that one up. I am a tennis fan too, but except for January, I don't get to see much, all at the wrong time of day for me. Maybe one day we will get to Wimbledon.

Vicky Hayes said...

This one is a stunner Deborah! Glad you enjoying catching up at your craft group and the tennis too.

Clare said...

Stunning, love that lace stamp, wonderful card! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC! : ) Hope your knee gets better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...