Wednesday 1 September 2021

SHC - A Wreath for All Seasons ....

... Pinch, punch, the first of the month!! Can you believe it's already September, no, me neither! However, it does mean that it's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft Blog post. I have four cards to share with you today. I've focused on the Harvest Wreath stamp set from Concord & 9th's new release. I'll start with a birthday card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Harvest Wreath Turnabout, Tiny Tagalongs; MFT - Itty Bitty Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Honey Mustard, Blue Denim, Grass Green, Cherry Red
Dies: C&9 - Harvest Wreath
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Copic Marker

I'm submitting this card to The Paper Players - PP#556 where they have a tic-tac-toe grid - I've picked the central horizontal line - birthday, die-cut, masculine.


I made the note card from dark red card. I used my MISTI to stamp the fuller wreath in blue, mustard, red and green inks - I used darker inks for a more seasonal look. I cut the panel slightly smaller than the note card, edged it with a blue marker and adhered it to the card. I used one of the co-ordinating dies to cut a stitched edge square in red card and stamped leaves in Versamark ink for a tone-on-tone look. I adhered the square to make a diamond shape. I finished the front by adding a simple birthday greeting in blue ink and cut out with a stitch edged die. Inside, I stamped one of the greeting from Harvest Wreath and added a tiny sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthday to complete the message. I also stamped some more of the leaves from the wreath image. This card is on it's way to my uncle - it's his birthday this weekend.


While I had this wreath image in the MISTI, I stamped another wreath in brighter colours:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Harvest Wreath Turnabout, Tiny Tagalongs
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Turquoise Sea, Blue Denim, Soft Stone; Versamark
Dies: C&9 - Harvest Wreath
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate, Night of Navy; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; Glossy Accents

I'm submitting this card to Just Us Girls - JUGS#599 where it's a photo week. I've taken the colours from the inspiration photo.


I made the note card from soft grey card. I stamped the wreath leaves in Versamark ink around the edge of the grey note card for a tone-on-tone background pattern. I used blue, yellow, turquoise and grey ink to create this wreath. I added a simple sentiment in blue ink at the bottom of the panel.  I adhered the panel directly to the card base. I finished the front by adding a tiny heart which I die cut from navy card stock. I covered it with sparkle and added glossy accents. Love the way the heart looks! On the white panel inside the card, I simply stamped more of the leaves in yellow ink. I might add a greeting later, or leave it blank for my own message.


I changed the wreath image to the thinner wreath and made a Christmas card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Harvest Wreath Turnabout, All the Merrys, Holly Berry Turnabout
Inks: Gina K - Red Hot, Lucky Clover, Christmas Pine; Versamark
Dies: C&9 - Everyday Circles
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Poppy Parade; Lawn Fawn - Gold Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#100 where it's Anything Christmas Goes.


I used traditional Christmas colours for this card and the last impression was stamped with Versamark ink, I added gold embossing powder and heat set it. I didn't have gold card to match the gold embossing, so I made my own. I cut a piece of white card, rubbed Versamark ink around the edges and poured on gold embossing powder and heat set. I repeated this process three times to give a nice gold edge. I layered the stamped panel on the embossed piece and added both to the front of a 5¼" square note card. I used a stitch edge die to cut a circle panel, stamped a Christmas greeting, added some green leaves and then edged the circle with Versamark and used gold embossing powder to create a gold rim. I used dimensional pads to add the greeting to the front of the card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of red card. On the white panel I created the greeting from the words in the Holly Berry turnabout stamp set.


For my final card I changed up the colours and created a Halloween card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Harvest Wreath Turnabout, Tiny Tagalong; Stamping Bella - Oddball Sparkle Fairy
Inks: Gina K - Key Lime, Tangerine Twist, Wild Lilac, Black Onyx; Versamark
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Tangelo Twist; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Time Out Challenge - TOC#195 where they want us to use a Coloured Card Base. I could have used any of the cards, but I like this orange one!!


I used traditional Halloween colours for the wreath. I stamped the sparkle fairy on white card, removed her from the MISTI, coloured her with Copic markers, restamped with Versafine black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully fussy cut her out. I used a black marker to go over the white card edges. I added the Halloween sparkle in the centre of the wreath, stamped a simple greeting and adhered the fairy to the wreath. I added sparkle to the fairy's wings and the tiny skulls. On the white panel inside the card, I simply stamped the greeting and added more of the little skulls.


That's it. I could have made lots more cards with these wreath images - I have ideas for a wedding and sympathy cards, but I'll do those later. Thanks for staying to the end of the post. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

8 comments:

Joyce said...

What a fun collection of cards today. I really love that funny and whimsical gal you have on your Time Out card. Orange is the perfect colored base for your creation, and love the purple hair, too! Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! You've gone all out with the wreath and colours and I LOVE them all, beautiful work Deborah.
Faith x

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a lovely Christmas card. Love how you used the wreath. Thanks for joining us over at the Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

Lisa Kind said...

All of your cards are so pretty! I love your interpretation of our photo. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Bobby said...

Your wreaths are all so varied and lovely, Deborah. Thanks for sharing one of them with us at Just Us Girls.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

All of these cards are so pretty Deborah - you have a real way with leaves and I love the different ways to frame your sentiments and create your wreaths. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a gorgeous Birthday card! Love the mix of colors in the foliage!
So happy you joined us at The Paper Players!

Gerrina said...

A fun creepy card that you made! Like how you used the halloween colours! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...