Wednesday 19 July 2023

Our Graduate

.... Hello again! The first of the special family events taking place this week is our daughter's graduation tomorrow at the University of Nottingham. We are so proud of Kat - she's graduating with a 2.1 in Politics and American Studies. Here's the card we are giving her (it's safe to share now, as Kat doesn't look at my blog):


Stamps: Gina K - Hats Off; Dare 2B Artzy - Wise Owl, Graduation
Inks: Archival - Forget-Me-Not, Vibrant Fuchsia; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocture; Gina K - Stormy Sky
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 8; Hats Off
Accessories: White & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers



This is a large card measuring 5" x 7". I created the background panel by stamping the smaller mortar board image in blue and pink (the colours from the BA hood that Kat will be wearing). I used a die to cut out the panel and layered it onto a black mat panel and added it to the note card. I stamped the larger mortar board image in Versafine ink, embossed with clear powder and used the matching die to cut it out. I did the same for the scroll, and the word 'grad' - I coloured the letters with Copic markers. I also cut the die cut pieces in black card, which I used to give dimension to the pieces. I stamped a sentiment directly onto the background panel and adhered the die cuts. Inside, I cut a black mat layer, and on the white panel stamped a greeting along with 'class of 2023' and another mortar board.


Next is the card that I made for my mum to give to Kat:


Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy - Graduation; Gina K - Hats Off
Inks: Gina K - Lipstick, Tangerine Tango, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Wild Wisteria, Passionate Pink; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Gina K - MLO2
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Stencil - Fizzy; Clear Embossing Powder



I placed the stencil onto a US A2 card and blended a rainbow of inks across in a diagonal. I die cut a piece of white card onto which I stamped a number of images to make the greeting, this was embossed with clear powder and layered onto a black mat and added to the card. Inside, I cut a black mat layer and on the white panel stamped a bold greeting and a bright pink mortar board.


That's all for now. I'll share some photos from the graduation later on. Take care.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful and colourful designs on each card. Love them and Congratulations to the recipients.
Faith x

Darnell said...

Congratulations to Kat! I can tell how proud you are of her accomplishments, Deborah, and I wish her every success! She will treasure both bright and cheery grad cards you made for this milestone occasion. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...