Stamps: Stampendous - Laurel Burch Indigo Cats; Altenew - Enchanted Iris
Inks: Distress Oxides - Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Cracked Pistachio, Broken China, Wilted Violet, Fossilized Amber; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Wonky Rectangles #4
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Bombay Sunset; Vellum; Wink of Stella - Clear; Clear Embossing Powder; Shimmer Spritz
I got a wonderful set of Kaisercraft papers recently - you've seen some of the papers already - in the pack there was a white page with a tiny green element repeated all over it. It was nice, but nothing special. So I decided to alter it a bit! I got out my Distress Oxide inks and set to work.
I started by smooshing pink, yellow and orange inks on my craft mat and spritzing with water. Then I swiped the design paper through the inks. I dried the paper between each colour which allows them to layer, rather than make mud. Next I put down some blue, green and violet inks and repeated the process. Once I was happy with the colours I used a light spray of Shimmer Spritz. Sadly you can't see the shimmer in the photo, but in real-life, it's fabulous. I stamped the cat on watercolour card and used the same technique to add colour. Once dry I used an aquabrush to add colour to his eyes and to colour some of the squares.
I have used the sketch from the current FUSION challenge - FUSION#76 for the layout. I covered the card with the altered design paper. I die cut a panel of white card and created the vellum mat by drawing around the outside of the die and cutting it out. I stamped the butterfly in black and used a Wink of Stella brush and distress oxide inks to add colour and shimmer. I finished the white panel with a simple sentiment and dotted flight for the butterfly. I adhered the completed panel flat to the card. I used dimensional tape to adhere the cat.
On the inside I used the left over strip of altered design paper down the middle of the card. On the white panel I stamped a butterfly, finished the greeting and added a beautiful iris. You can see some tiny spatter drops on the white panel. This was, of course, entirely deliberate :) Actually, I forgot and as I spritzed some water on the distress ink it landed on the paper - but I like it!! I used a clear Wink of Stella brush to add ink to the iris and it's gorgeous .
I'm submitting this to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#11 where the challenge is Anything Goes.
I really like Tim's distress oxide inks - they're such fun to use. If you're not sure how to use them, I've included a video by Jennifer McGuire, and a link to her blog, showing various techniques. That's all from me today.