Friday 12 January 2024

Rainbow Sparkle

.... Good morning!! I'm getting on so well making birthday cards that I need. Today I'm sharing a pretty birthday card for a friend of mine. We've know each other for some years 😁 I made this card yesterday, when it was cold, dull, and very grey - I think a rainbow card is much needed at this time of year.


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Red Velvet, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Blue Raspberry, Wild Lilac; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 4
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Stencil - Tranquil Lotus; Taylored Expressions Stencil - Bokeh; Sheer Shimmer Spray - Sparkle; Waffle Flower - 8½" x 8½" Grip Mat

I'm submitting this card to Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#618 - it's been a long while since I joined in here. I'm also playing with AAA Birthday - AAAB#57 - where they want rainbow colours, and with Just Us Girls - JUGS#709 - where they want sparkle. For a big change - you can actually see the sparkle on the photo above!!




Last year I treated myself to a couple of the new Waffle Flower Grip Mats. They are just brilliant. They make stencilling so, so easy. I put my card in the centre of the grip mat, placed on the first layer of the lotus flower and added ink, with a light hand, in rainbow order. I followed this with the second layer and repeated the colours using a heavier hand. Finally, I added the stems. I used a fancy die to cut out the panel, stamped a birthday greeting in black ink and layered it onto a black mat layer. I finished the front of the card by spritzing it with Sparkle shimmer spray.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. I wanted to add some colour to the white panel, but didn't want to repeat the flower, so I used one layer of the Bokeh stencil, and then stamped a birthday greeting in black.


I posted this card today, so Annette should get it in plenty of time for her birthday next week. 

I hope everyone has a good day. I'm taking my mum into Mold today - she has a weekly appointment at Cherise Amore - our local hairdresser. It's always fun. And after that we have a quick trip to the local garden centre for coffee and cake - the best Victoria Sandwich in the area!! That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

10 comments:

Lynne said...

I love this Deborah. My 4 yr old grand daughter Emilia is mad on rainbows and I've found them quite contagious. Your card is so pretty x

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I am loving all of that gorgeous sparkle with those pretty blooms! Love that inside with the Bokeh effect, too. Great card for our challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Carol said...

The sparkle spray you used is fabulous! The card is gorgeous with its rainbox and SPARKLY finish! So glad you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Buffy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, I love the colours and sparkle
Hugs Buf xx

Cécile RIBON said...

Great stenciling job, Deborah! I love the sparkling rainbow color palette. thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

Jane.D said...

This is absolutely stunning! I love it! Such beautiful stenciling, and I love how you decorate the inside of the card too. Thank you so much for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, I hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Kati said...

Another fabulous card, Deborah! :) Totally love how you added the rainbow colours to the flower, why going for a realistic look when you can also go for rainbow colours.
Once more, thanks so much for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge!

Tristan said...

Love your rainbow sponging on these flowers. Thanks for joining us at AAA Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win at AAA Birthday. Please contact me if you'd like to guest with us - aaabirthdaychallenge@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...