Wednesday 17 January 2024

Birthday Fun

.... Good afternoon! It's a beautiful day here in Northop Hall - blue skies, brilliant sunshine and absolutely freezing 😁, so I've been enjoying the weather inside my craft room. I've got a fun birthday card to share today:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Giggle Greetings, Endless Birthday Wishes
Inks: Gina K - Jelly Bean Green; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT Die-namics - Chevrons, Stitched Tag Corner Rectangle Stax #4
Accessories: White & Green Card; Taylored Expressions Stencil - Bokeh; Copper Satin Mirri Card; Copic Markers; Gems

This card is for four challenges - Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#619, Color Hues - CH#79 - copper & green, The Male Room - TMR#182 - funny/pun, and Inkspirational - INK#307 - use a stencil.




Continuing my aim to use older stash, I found the chevron dies and cut out green and copper stripes. I found the fun image and sentiment in a (much) older SU stamp set. I stamped the image twice. I coloured the cat on one image and then fussy cut it out, and I used the fancy stitched die to cut out the other image. I adhered the cat to the panel. To get the green mat layer, I drew around the outside of the die and then cut it out - gives a lovely thin frame. I used the Bokeh stencil with a light green ink for a subtle background, added the two chevrons to the edge and finished by adding the stamped panel. I added a line of tiny copper coloured gems to the bottom of the image.


Inside the card I cut two pieces of white card. On the larger pieces, I added green ink around the edges to match the colour on the front of the card. On the white panel I adhered the two remaining chevron strips at the bottom of the panel, and then added a simple greeting.


This card is for my nephew, Gareth, who has his birthday next week. He enjoys silly cards!!

Before I go, I must say thanks to everyone for stopping by and leaving comments. It's so nice to be back making cards. That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hellooo Deborah! I am so happily following behind you in that FMS gallery! and can you believe it? We BOTH made cat cards! LOve your sassy cat - and feel exactly this way about birthdays!
Hope you are doing well!
=] Michele

Buffy said...

Love the sentiment and the look on his face is perrrrfect.
I really need to return your Sloe gin, it must be very nicely fermented by now..LOL
Hugs Buf xx

Karen said...

What a delightful card! I love the cat's green eyes, and the chevron stripes down the side are a great design idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

JulieP said...

That sentiment is hilarious!!! I"m sure your nephew is gonna love this. I really like that zig zag of copper too. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues, Deborah!

Nonni said...

That sentiment is so funny... Definitely made me laugh! Cute card design too and again I love your colors! Thank you for another fun entry for Inkspirational!

Nancy said...

Hahahhahah! Love that sentiment! Awesome job with our challenge colors, Deb! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

Marina said...

The stencilling really does add some extra interest to this great, funny card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Tracey McNeely said...

Deborah, that sentiment is so funny and so true! Love the copper zig zag paired with the stenciling! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Hues!

Cathy said...

Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. What a great saying.

Karren said...

This is such a fun card and that sentiment is a riot! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

cm said...

Your cat card had me laughing out loud! So funny - and a delightful way to use the Colour Hues combination! Thank you for joining us!
~carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...