Saturday 4 May 2024

Make A Wish

.... Hello! May the fourth be with you!!! Wow, this month is marching on. I've made another card for my birthday stash - this time it's one for a kid (might be a big kid, but a kid at heart). Here it is:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Sparkle, On the Inside Birthday
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Green Oasis, Verdant
Dies: Gina K - Birthday Sparkle
Accessories: White Card; Stampin' Up! DSP - Animal Expedition; SU Card - Shaded Spruce

I'm playing along with Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#346 where they have a jungle theme, and with Seize the Birthday - STB#282 where I've gone for the birthday anything goes option.


I've been having a bit of a tidy in my craft room and came across this old SU design paper - and it's perfect for the jungle theme. I trimmed the paper to size, layered it onto dark green card and added to the front of an A2 note card. I stamped the birthday greeting in black ink and used the matching die to cut it, and two plain white dies, layered them together and adhered to the front of the card. I finished the front by adding some stars and sparkles in green and black.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of dark green card. On the white panel I added a fun greeting for a kid and added more sparkles and stars. I finished by adding one of the crocodiles that I fussy cut from the design paper.


I'm very pleased how this turned out. I don't often use design paper, but I have a huge stash that needs using, so I guess I'll be using more soon. 

It's been quite grey here today - we had summer on Thursday when it got to 23°C!! Not even close to that today. Here's hoping that warmer weather will arrive soon. That's all for now. 

signature photo Signature.png


5 comments:

dj said...

Welcome to the Jungle!! Your rocked our challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz with that alligator paper from Stampin Up...a fantastic find from your stash!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our masculine "welcome to the jungle" challenge.
Deb Horst, DT #C4G346

Nancy said...

Isn't it fun to come across something you forgot you even owned? Perfect paper and wonderful fussy cutting to carry the celebration into the inside. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super cute paper those alligators are adorable. They go perfectly with your sentiment too. Thanks for joining in at STB.

shirley-bee said...

Well in my opinion, and it’s my challenge, your card qualifies for Off The Edge - look at all those chopped-off alligators! Best thing for them ;)
Thanks for playing along at Seize The Birthday 🥳

Helen said...

A great, fun card - that patterned paper was a great find!

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x
DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...