Wednesday 16 February 2022

SHC - Lots of Love

.... Morning! It's time for my Seven Hills Craft blog post. This week I have a Valentine's Day card to share with you. I completely forgot all about Valentine's Day, so last Monday, while Jonathan was busy working downstairs I made a card for him:


Stamps: C&9 - Big On You, Say Thanks Turnabout
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: C&9 - Big On You, Say Thanks; Stitched Hearts Card Front Die
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay, Mint Macron, So Saffron; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to The Paper Players - PP#578 where they have a colour challenge. Also to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#02, and to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#289 where the theme is love cards.


I made an A2 note card from dark aqua cardstock. I used the stitched hearts die to make pretty stitched hearts on pale aqua card. I trimmed the panel to size and adhered it to the note card. I stamped a bold 'love you' greeting in black on soft yellow card, heat embossed with clear powder and used the matching die to cut it out. I also cut out a large white speech bubble which I added to the card with dimensional tape. I adhered the 'love you' sentiment on top along with a smaller speech bubble and a tiny heart. I finished the front by adding lots of clear shimmer to the hearts. Inside the card, I cut a piece of white card small than the base. I stamped a small greeting and added another speech bubble and heart.


For a change you can actually see the shimmer in the hearts! I'm so pleased how this card turned out - it wasn't planned. I just happened to have the various stamp sets on my desk and realised I could make super Valentine card - clean, simple and fun.

Thanks for stopping by. That's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

8 comments:

dj said...

What a fun stamp set!! Such cute sentiments!! Thanks for playing along with our "LOVE" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Way to go pulling off a masculine "Love" card!!

Ann Schach said...

An adorable Valentine, Deborah! It looks great in these non-traditional colors. I LOVE the shimmer on the hearts. I am so happy you played with The Paper Players this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Super card, isn't it funny how a card can come together so quickly when you hadn't planned it? It couldn't better!
Sorry to not have been around I've been remiss of lots of things these last few weeks.
Faith x

LeAnne said...

This is so fun for a non-traditional Valentine! The sentiments are big, bold and fun!! Love it and I hope your hubby did too! Thanks for playing with my colors at the Players this week!

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great masculine Valentine card! Love the large sentiment and the tiny touch of sparkle that a guy wouldn't mind a bit! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
Debbie
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

Cindy Beach said...

I love seeing your creative use of our colors, what a great Valentine, Deborah! I can see every bit of that sweet shimmer, and the shine from embossing. Your bold sentiment is a great focal point too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Sue Jackson said...

The sentiments on the inside and outside are fabulous, as is your whole card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Hope to see you in the gallery again soon!

JulieP said...

I just LOVE your clever sentiment design!!! Loving the subtle shimmer on the background as well. Thanks so much for joining us at the HLS die challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...