Saturday 20 February 2021

Hip Hop Birthday ....

.... Good afternoon! It's a really dismal day here in Northop Hall - dull, grey, wet but mild! So I've been playing in my craft room. A friend recently asked me to make a birthday card for him, so I came up with some ideas and made the one he liked. But I had a few idea left over, so I made one of them today. Here's a birthday card for my stash:


Stamps: Visible Image - Hip Hop Girls, Tomorrow Doesn't Exist, Random Art of Kindness, Rays of Light; MFT - Bitty Birthday Wishes
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango, Bubblegum Pink, Key Lime, Powder Blue; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; Visible Image Stencil - Cosmic Skies; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#208 - I going for the Anything Goes option, to Just Us Girls - JUGS#572 where they want to see rainbow colours, and to Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge - HLSSC#02 Anything Goes.



This is a one layer card. I started by stamping the hip hop dancer in black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I covered the image with a mask and then stamped the numbers to act as a ground for her and added the rays of light behind her. Again they were stamped in Versafine black ink and heat embossed. Next I stamped the birthday greeting and embossed that. I finished the front by adding rainbow colours through a stencil. It has a very grungy feel. I've left the inside blank for my own message.


That's all for today. I'm going back to messing about with paints and inks. I've been doing an online class with Dyan Reaveley - Distinctly Dylusions 12 - where we've been using her wonderful hexagon stamps and stencils. I've lots of pages prepared to colour. I'll share some in the next few weeks. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

maria f. said...

Very cool, Deborah. Rainbow yet lotsa white.

Macimbalo said...

This is great, love the vibe of this card and perfect for our challenge too! Thanks for sharing at JUGS!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this very hip card!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a cool, funky card!! Love the dancing girl - and I love how you've added so many other images in silhouette and color to support that one image. Thank you so much for joining the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Cathy said...

This is such a cool design, love all of the different elements that make this scene! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Sue - said...

That would be a great card for a teenager! Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge.

Vicki Dutcher said...

This awesome card does scream teenager! Thanks for joining in HLS Stencil Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...