Monday 1 February 2021

C24C - Red, Gold and Green ....

Morning!! Well, January went fast 😁 I'm here today with my card for our new challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#27. We've gone for a very traditional feel for this challenge. Your Christmas creations must use RED/GREEN AND GOLD. Here's my card:


Stamps: MFT - Bitty Holiday Wishes; Elusive Stamps - Christmas Ornament (now discontinued)
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - New Sprout; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - Circle Stax Set 1 #8, Circle Stax Set 2 #0; Lil Inkers - Stitched Squares #6
Accessories: White Card; White Hammered Card; Gold Satin Mirri Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Midas Aquashimmer Brush; Sakura Metallic Gold Pen

I'm submitting this card to the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#86, where it's Anything Christmas Goes.


I've been going through my stamp stash and came across some lovely (but discontinued stamps) from Elusive Stamps. I used my MISTI to stamp the image onto white card. I removed it from the MISTI, coloured selected areas with red and green Copic markers, returned it to the MISTI and restamped with Versafine black ink. I heat embossed the image with clear powder and cut it out with a circle die. I used a metallic gold pen to colour the lines. I then cut a gold circle slightly bigger than the ornament and layered them together. I stamped the ornament hanger, embossed it, fussy cut and coloured with the gold metallic pen. I cut a panel of white hammered card with a square stitched die, adhered the bauble and added to the front of a 6" square card. I stamped a simple greeting along the bottom of the card. To finish the front, I added gold shimmer to the white areas of the ornament. Sadly, you can't really see it in the photo, but it's so pretty in real-life!!


On the inside of the card, I cut a mat layer of the white hammered card. On the plain white card I stamped a Christmas greeting and stamped a smaller version of the big ornament in pale green. I made another card using these colours and a fun flower Christmas tree stamp:


Stamps: Elusive Stamps - Christmas Tree (now discontinued)
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - New Sprout, Angel Pink, Bamboo Leaves; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Sakura Metallic Gold Pen

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#397 where the theme is Christmas.


Using the same technique as I did for the bauble I stamped the tree, coloured the image with Copic markers and a gold metallic pen, restamped and heat embossed it. I then carefully fussy cut it out. I stamped a simple sentiment on the card, added some very non-traditional snowflakes in pale green and soft pink and adhered the finished flower Christmas tree. On the inside, I simply stamped a Christmas greeting and added a tiny green tree.


I love the traditional Christmas colours with the clean and simple look of both these cards. Don't forget to visit our Christmas 24 Challenge blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the design team. That's all from me for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Peanut said...

Lovely bauble… and a fab card, Deborah. Thanks for playing along at ATSM.
x Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...