Wednesday 3 February 2021

SHC - Thank You Mr Postman! ...

... Hi! I'm here this morning with my post for Seven Hills Craft blog. I've gone for a postal theme this week. I've made several projects. Here's the first:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Postmarked Turnabout, All the Hellos, Type Talk
Inks: Memento - Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Bahama Blue; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Concord & 9th - Snail Mail
Accessories: White & Black Card

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#139 where they want us to be inspired by Beatles songs. My card is based on All My Loving where the lyrics include the line "then while I'm away, I'll write home everyday and I'll send all my loving to you", and also to their cover version of Please Mr Postman.

I used my MISTI to stamp the fun background in bold, bright colours. I cut the panel down to 5¼" square and layered it onto a 5½" black square and glued the lot to the front of a white square card. I used a rectangle "postage stamp" die from Sanil mail to make the focal image. I cut a piece in black card and in white card. I stamped the word 'Hello' using colours to match the front panel, overlaid it with a scripty 'hello' and then layered it onto the black diecut piece. On the inside of the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped a tiny message in the top left corner, and added some decoration at the bottom. Most of the panel is blank for my message. I also decorated the envelope to match the card.




While I had the turnabout stamp in the MISTI, I stamped another panel. This time I used colours from Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#511 where the colours are maroon, teal and gold. The layout is based on last week's sketch from The Paper Players - PP#525.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Postmarked Turnabout, Type Talk, Tiny Tagalong
Inks: Gina K - Blue Lagoon; Stampin' Up! - Merry Merlot; Hero Arts - Unicorn; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: Concord & 9th - Snail Mail
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gold Mirri Card; Midas Aquashimmer Brush; Glossy Accents

I cut the panel to 4¼" x 5½" and adhered it to the front of an A2 (US size) card. I cut a piece of white card an inch smaller each side and adhered it to the card toward the top right. I used the little square "postage stamp" die to cut a gold stamp, and the heart die to cut a little black heart. I adhered the heart to the stamp, added some gold shimmer to the heart and added a layer of glossy accents and set it aside to dry. Meanwhile, I cut a strip of white card onto which I stamped a birthday greeting in white ink, cut an angle at the end of the strip and glued it to the card. I finished the front by gluing on the gold stamp. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel added a bold birthday greeting, some little hearts in the same colour as the front of the card along with some gold diagonal stripes.



I had a strip of card leftover, so I made another card. I'm submitting this one to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#190 where the theme is Pattern, but still clean and simple.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Postmarked Turnabout, Snail Mail
Inks: Gina K - Blue Lagoon, Turquoise Sea; Stampin' Up! - Merry Merlot; 
Dies: Concord & 9th - Snail Mail
Accessories: White & Black Card

I adhered the patterned strip to the bottom of an A2 card and added a thin black strip of card above it. Then I stamped a small snail trail above the black card. The snail is a three-step image - I stamped the outline in black, the body in light teal, and the shell in maroon. I used the co-ordinating die to cut him out and adhered him directly to the card. I finished the front by stamping the large "hi!" sentiment in bold black ink. The inside has been left blank for my message.


Finally, I made a little gift card using a large envelope die.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Brighter Days
Inks: Memento - Lady Bug, Tangelo, Dandelion, Bahama Blue; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Concord & 9th - Mini Post Envelope
Accessories: White Card; Kaisercraft DP - Bombay Sunset

The cut cuts the envelope and also the liner - here this is a scrap from one of my many design paper pads. To make the card, I simply cut some white card to 3¾" x 2½", used a corner rounder and stamped a bold, bright message. The finished envelope is 4" x 2¾". It's a bit small to mail, but works for adding to gifts and also makes a super embellishment for larger cards.

Here are all the challenge graphics:

That's all from me today - thanks for sticking with me to the end. Keep safe. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png




8 comments:

Lady Joyful said...

Such a great selection of cards, Deborah! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

The Dream Pages said...

I just fell in love with your card while scrolling down the gallery at CIC, and when i visited your blog i was more than happy to see so many more awesome cards. .
Thank you for joining CUPCAKE INSPIRATION CHALLENGE
Dt Swapna

dorsetdawndesigns said...

I love your card so bright and colourful, a great layout. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cardz 4 Galz Dawn S DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

LOVE you take on my challenge them, 'Please Mr Postman' is one of my favourite Beatles songs!

Thank you for sharing with us at 'Cardz 4 Galz'
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx

Billie A said...

Awesome card. So glad you shared over at Cardz 4 Galz.

Vicky Hayes said...

I absolutely love the patterns you have made with the Postmark Turnabout Deborah! Just stunning. And thanks for coming to play at ATCAS this fortnight :) Vicky x

Jaydee said...

Fabulous cards to help showcase this fabulous set! So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

foleysfriend said...

Love your "snail mail" card. So super cute and clever. I really like the emphatic sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

sue n.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...