Wednesday 24 November 2021

SHC - More Christmas Cards ....

.... Morning! I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft blog post. The recent cold weather has put me in a wintery mood and I decided to make a few more Christmas cards for my stash. After all, it's useful to have a few spares. Here's my first card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Big On Christmas; Hero Arts - Color Layering Holly
Inks: Gina K - Key Lime, Grass Green, Christmas Pine, Lipstick, Red Hot, Cherry Red; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Quilted Front Cover Plate; Hero Arts - Color Layering Holly
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Uniko Studio Challenge - USC#68 where the theme is celebrate with the option of using red and green, done. I'm also playing along with Global Design Project - GDP#319 where the theme is Christmas, and Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#32 - it's the first time I've used the Hero Arts layering holly stamps and dies!!


I used an American A6 card (6¼" x 4½"). I cut a piece of white card 5½" x 3¾" and stamped a bold sentiment in deep red ink in the centre of the panel. I used a stitched card front die to add detail to the panel and layered it on to a piece of deep red card. I adhered the whole piece to the front of the notecard. I've had the Hero Arts Color Layering Holly stamp set and dies for quite a while, and this is the first time I've used them. The holly leaves and berries are triple-step stamps and then cut out with the co-ordinating dies. I die cut extra holly leaves and berries in deep red card and layered the stamped pieces onto them. I adhered them to the front of the card and added sparkle to the berries with a clear aqua shimmer brush. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of deep red card and on the white panel added a greeting and holly for decoration.


Next, I have a couple of mini slimline cards - they work perfectly with the stamp sets I've used.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Big On Christmas, Tiny Trees Turnabout
Inks: Gina K - Red Velvet, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Blue Lagoon; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 7
Accessories: White & Black Card

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#211 where the theme is colourful, and to Happy Little Stampers Christmas - HLSXMAS#11 where it's anything goes with the option of creating a scene (which I skipped).


I cut a piece of white card measuring 6½" x 6¼", scored on the long edge at 3¼" to make a mini slimline card. I used a stitched edge die to cut a piece of white card. I put the panel in the MISTI, positioned the large sentiment and used brushes to add ink to the stamp. I stamped each colour in turn, repeating a few times to blend the colours. I added some silver stars for a bit of sparkle. I layered the panel on black card and adhered the lot to the front of the notecard. Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped a Christmas greeting and added a few more stars.


Finally, another mini slimline card - very clean and simple.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Big On Christmas; MFT - Party Lights; Hero Arts - Color Layering Holly
Inks: Gina K - Red Velvet, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Blue Lagoon; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 7
Accessories: White & Black Card; Glossy Accents; Nuvo - Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush; White Gel Pen

I'm submitting this card to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT43-21 - where they want to see fairy lights, and to The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#106 where it's anything Christmas goes.


I used the same method as outlined above to make this card. On the stitched edge die cut panel I stamped the fairy lights - the wire in black ink and rainbow colours for the lights. I added a simple Christmas greeting, layered the panel on black card and added to the front of the notecard. I added sparkle to the lights with a clear aqua shimmer brush, I used a white gel pen to add a highlight and covered the lights with glossy accents for shine. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel stamped a greeting a more lights.


I think that probably is all the Christmas cards that I'll be making this year - but who knows!! Thanks for staying with me. See you again next week. Take care.

signature photo Signature.png

10 comments:

Lucinda said...

Your fairy lights card is gorgeously CAS, and bright and cheerful at the same time! I love the others as well. Lovely to see you playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Fabulous set of cards Deborah, gorgeous colours and designs.
Faith x

MortiCraft said...

Beautiful card. Definitely good to have extras. I’ve made a serious dent in my Christmas card stash now I’ve written them! Thanks for playing along with Uniko. X

Valérie said...

All your cards are beautiful but my favorite is the one for our challenge "fairy lights" at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Thank you for joining us and good luck!

Hannelie said...

Beautiful cards Deborah ! Love your take on our challenge over at Uniko Studio !
Thanks for playing along ♥

Barbara Godden said...

Love all your cards, I'm loving the mini slimline size as well, thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas.

Darnell said...

Oh, my, Deborha, I'm so jealous that you are done with your Christmas cards! I've soooo many more to make, which is why I appreciat the inspiration from these three colorful designs! I love them all! Great sediment of love & joy on the first one, love the rainbow colors of the second, and can just imagine the dimension and schparkle of the CASlicious third string of lights! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Toni said...

love the simplicity!

Barb Ghig said...

Fabulous cards, Deborah! I love how you used the colors of the rainbow for our 'Colorful' challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Nancy said...

I am in LOVE with your two slimline cards! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...