Wednesday 3 November 2021

SHC - Masculine Birthday Card ...

... Hello, it's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. This week I have a masculine theme birthday card:


Stamps: Altenew - Birthday Builder; Concord & 9th - Birthday Stacks
Inks: Gina K - Turquoise Sea, Jelly Bean Green; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: C&9 - Stitched Strip Card Front, Say Thanks
Accessories: White & Black Card; SU Card - Pacific Point, Costal Cabana, Pear Pizzazz; Sakura Stardust Pens; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this to Seize the Birthday - STB#226 but I'm not playing along with the topping, I'm just doing Anything Goes Birthday.


This is a fun card to make. I cut three pieces of coloured card to fit on the cover plate and ran them through my Big Shot. The die cut a spaced out, double stitch pattern diagonally across the card. I decided to cut out the strip of stitching and make my own background pattern. I adhered the thin strips diagonally across a piece of copy paper, and then adhered the whole panel at the bottom of an A2 note card. Next I stamped some birthday pennants across the top of the card and coloured them with Copic markers to match the cardstock. I used glitter pens to add small details to the pennants. I finished the front of the card with a large speech bubble. I die cut a white bubble, stamped the greeting inside, and layered it onto a black shadow piece of card. I made the shadow by drawing round the outside of the bubble die and cutting it out. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped more birthday pennants and a birthday greeting in coloured ink.


I have some die cut pieces of card left, but ran out of time to make more cards. Perhaps I'll share them next week. That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Ashwini Rao said...

This looks like so much fun! I love how you've matched the pennants and those stripes - really gives cohesion to the whole card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...