Friday 7 October 2022

SHC - Bright Christmas

... Morning, I'm here with my regular Seven Hills Craft blog post. Today I'm sharing a bold and bright Christmas card:


Stamps: C&9 - Festive Phrases, Tiny Trees Turnabout
Inks: Gina K - Passionate Pink, Soft Stone, Stormy Sky; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Festive Phrases, Snowfall Card Front
Accessories: White Card; Glossy Black Card; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Clear Shimmer Spray

I used the Snowfall die to cut a pattern into a piece of white card, I trimmed the piece to 4" x 5¼". I lightly sponged bright pink ink onto the snowflakes, edged the panel with a pink marker and adhered the panel to an A2 note card. On a piece of scrap watercolour card, I scribbled three pink Zig brushes, spritzed with water and allowed the inks to blend. I used the 'Holly Jolly' die for the focal image as it has a large shadow layer along with the words. I cut the shadow from the pink watercolour card and the words from glossy black card. I spritzed the front of the card with clear shimmer spray and then added the sentiment. Inside the card, I cut a piece of white card onto which I stamped a sentiment and added a cute Christmas tree.


This card is very quick and easy to make, and I think it might be one that I'll  mass produce. I'll change up the colours and the focal sentiment, but this will easily make ten of my required Christmas stash.

I'm submitting this card to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#554 which is where I got the colour theme. I'm also playing along with Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge - HLSWC#10 where it's Anything Goes.


That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Bold and Bright and wonderful Deborah. Love it.
Hope all is well.
Faith x

Sweta Changela said...

Great card, love the de-bossed card background! Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations!We hope you'll visit again soon.

Best,
Sweta
CIC DT

Nora Noll said...

Such a pretty card. I like how you highlighted the snowflakes on this. Thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Quillish said...

Wow.. What a delightful card! Love the way used the challenge colors and that debossing plate with pink highlights makes a great background. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations :) Hugs ~ Ishani

The Dream Pages said...

So beautiful card.. love the way you used colours on the card..
Thank you for joining us at HLS water colour challenge.. take care, keep crafting..
Swapna

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Love your modern twist to this holiday card! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...