Friday 28 October 2022

SHC - Happy Holidays

.... Morning! It's been a while since I posted - we went away for a short break - more of that later. I'm here today with my post for Seven Hills Craft blog. I've made a simple, layered Christmas card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Iconic Christmas, Festive Phrases, Winter Wonderland
Inks: Gina K - Red Hot, Sandy Beach; Hero Arts - Unicorn
Dies: C&9 - Festive Phrases, Iconic Christmas; Gina K - Master Layouts 2
Accessories: White Card; Stampin' Up! Card - Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this to The Card Concept - CC#182B where I've picked the Christmas Joy photo for my inspiration. I used the colours for my clean, layered card.


I used deep red card from my stash to make the note card base. I stamped the turnabout pattern in white ink onto kraft card and used a stitched edge die to cut out a panel which I layered onto dark brown card. I adhered the whole panel to the front of the note card. I made the sentiment by stamping on white card and used the matching die to cut it out. I added it towards the top of the card and finished the front by adding a simple holly spring. I used copic markers to colour white card, cut out the pieces with dies and then added them to the card. On the white panel inside the card, I stamped a bold Christmas greeting in bright red and added a couple of flurries of snowflakes.


This card is very easy to make - I think I'll be making several more for my stash.

I mentioned above that we'd been away for a short break. We went to Christchurch and stayed at The Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa. It was a wonderful week. The hotel was fabulous. Our room was perfect with a great view of the harbour from our terrace. And, as the weather was just wonderful for this time of year, we were able to enjoy the terrace and sit out in the sun. The hotel's restaurant was super - lovely breakfasts and we dined twice on the freshest fish possible. We both had a couple of treatments in the spa - after the year we've had, we needed treatments and the break. I can't believe how lucky we were with the weather. To be fair the weather's been fantastic since we got home too. 

That's all from me for today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is beautiful Deborah, I love the background and the little holly in the corner. Good to hear you had a splendid break, you deserved it with all that has been going on.
Faith x

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love the white stamping on kraft. Beautiful card. A very pretty Autumn Collage. Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept:)

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh, I just LOVE the white background images. SO cute. THanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept, and please join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...