Monday 15 April 2024

Floral Birthday

.... Good afternoon! It's been a crazy day here today - we've had just about every kind of weather possible. Rain, hail, sunshine, cold wind, and more rain!! Hard to believe it's spring!! Anyway, I've made a birthday card for my stash - a pretty, clean simple card:


Stamps: Gina K - Modern Floral, On the Inside - Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Sweet Corn, Innocent Pink, Applemint; Memento - Rhubarb Stalk; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Modern Floral
Accessories: White Card, Applemint Card; Gina K Stencil - Modern Floral

I'm submitting this card to Color Throwdown - CTD#788 - such pretty colours, to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#61 - first time I've used Modern Floral, and to CAS on Friday - CASOF#281 where the theme is Spring.



I used my MISTI to stamp for floral image onto white card - I did several flowers, only two were used here. I removed the images from the MISTI and used the matching stencil to add colour to the stamped images. There are two stencils for the flower and they are easy to line up. Once coloured, I put the image back in the MISTI and restamped with Nocturne ink - it gives a lovely dark black line. I then used the matching die to cut out the flowers. I stamped smaller flowers in directly onto the card using pale green ink. I finished the front with a birthday greeting in a fun font.


For the inside, I cut a mat layer of applemint card and on the white panel stamped a fun greeting and added some more of the small green flowers.


As I said above, I still have several of these flowers on my desk. You'll see more cards soon. As well as building up my stash of birthday cards, I'm making a number of cards to send to our son, Ben, so that he has cards on hand! That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Darnell said...

This is a wonderful CASlicious floral design, Deborah! I love the use of the tiny flowers which look like you stenciled them - great to remember those wee stamps we all still have! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell p.s. I love that your son sends cards! Good job, Mama!

Hannelie said...

I just love this ♥ Fresh and fabulously "Springy"!
Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...