Sunday 21 April 2024

Happy Birthday

.... Morning! I'm still working on building up my birthday card stash, but this one is a special for my wonderful sister-in-law, Charlotte. She and my hubby, Jonathan, have their birthday on the same day! Only she's seven years younger than Jonathan. I got inspiration for this card from the brilliant, Gina K, it's a fun video to watch. Here's my card:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Sparkle, On the Inside Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Dusty Rose, Passionate Pink, Blue Raspberry, Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango, Tangerine Twist, Ocean Mist, Blue Lagoon; Memento - Summer Sky; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 8, Birthday Sparkle
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Stencils - Perfect Poppies, Create Friendship, Summer Bouquet, Layered Carnation; Gina K - Masking Magic Strips

I'm submitting this card to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#466 - the theme is to make a mark.
Seize the Birthday - STB#281 - Anything Birthday Goes




This is a large 5" x 7" note card. I used a stitched edge die to cut a panel of white card and masked the edges with ¼" wide Masking Magic. I used four different floral stencils to create the background. Once I finished inking the flowers, I lightly inked around the edge of the masking strips with whatever ink was left on the teal brush and then I removed the tape revealing a clean, crisp white border. I layered the panel onto a black mat layer. I adhered the whole piece to the front of the note card. I stamped the greeting on white card and used the matching die to cut it out, along with three white pieces. I layered them together for dimension and stability and added it to the card. To complete the front, I used on of the little sparkle stamps to add tiny black, star accents.


On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped a birthday greeting in black. I used the carnation stencil to add a flower at the bottom of the panel. 


I'm enjoying making larger cards, especially with floral stencils - it's so pretty. That's all for today. I've got a card to make for Jonathan and then one for Tim, their brother who has his birthday at the beginning of May. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Such a pretty job stenciling this, Deb. I also love that you carried your design to the inside. The masked edge to frame it in was an excellent idea. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday.

Cathy said...

Such pretty colours and fabulous stencilling on this gorgeous card, thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Inkyfingers said...

I love the larger format too, Deborah and you certainly filled the space beautifully with this beauty. I love that you made the inside so pretty too and I bet you SIL will love it.
I hope you are well and thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...