Monday 8 April 2024

Birthday Argyle

.... Morning! Hope you had a good weekend. Storm Kathleen seems to have mostly missed our area, we did have some high winds, but fortunately not too much rain! However, in order to be 'safe' I spent most of the weekend playing in my craft room. I shared one of the cards I made yesterday, and today I'm sharing the card that we're sending to Simon:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Happy Happy Happy; Stampin' Up! - Half Full; Taylored Expressions - Argyle Stamp & Stencil Combo
Inks: Gina K - Blue Denim, Red Hot, Kraft; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: Taylored Expressions - Diamonds Piercing Plate; MFT Die-namics - A2 Rectangles Set 1 # 10, A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 1 #8; Lil' Inkers - Dad
Accessories: White & Black Card; Glossy Accents

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#344 where the colours are navy, red and kraft, and also to Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#465 - stencils and/or dies.


I love the Arygle stamp and stencil set - you can make so many different patterns, ones that work for women, and this one, which I think is particularly masculine in look. I cut a piece of white card to 5½" x 4¼" (the size of an A2 note card). I used the layered stencils to add colour. After creating the diamond pattern, I stamped the black lines and then used the piercing plate to add more detail. I used a stitched edge die to cut the main panel and layered it onto a black mat. I added the panel to the front of an A2 note card. To finish the front, I stamped the words 'happy birthday' on white card and trimmed to size. I die cut the word 'D@D' three times from black card, layered them together and added to the card. I finished by adding glossy accents over the word and set it aside to dry.


Inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped a greeting a row of wine glasses. My father-in-law enjoys a glass of good red wine!!


On a totally different subject, there's a total eclipse of the sun today. This will be visible (weather permitting) over a large area of the States. If we're incredibly lucky, we might catch it at sunset tonight. In reality, of course, it'll be cloudy and sun won't be visible!! That's all for now. See you all again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Pamela said...

a great background using red/blue/kraft for this masculine card. Thank you for sharing your creation with us

dj said...

Fantastic argyle card...looks like it may have been time intensive...impressive!! Navy/Kraft/Red...you rocked our color challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!
Deb Horst, DT #C4G344

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Deborah, I really like this card. Argyle is a perfect backdrop for a masculine card and the balance of white space works really well. Thank you for joining us a C4G this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

foleysfriend said...

What an amazing background you created. I love the use of the piercing plate. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...