Friday 12 April 2024

Drip, drip, drop little April Shower

.... Good afternoon! The title of this post is entirely appropriate for the weather we've been having. And, it works as there are lots of challenges with rain/rainbows/sun as the theme. Indeed, on Tuesday I shared a rain themed card, but you can never have too many, especially in the UK!! Here's my card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Bootiful Occasions; PTI - Scattered Showers
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Powder Blue
Dies: PTI - Scattered Showers
Accessories: White Card; Dylusions Stencil - Raindrops Sm; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to four challenges:





I embossed a raindrop stencil onto white card and trimmed it to slightly smaller than an A2 note card. I brushed the edges with blue ink and adhered it to the car. I used my MISTI to stamp the boot and sentiment, took the image out and coloured it with Copic markers, put it back in the MISTI and restamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I carefully cut out the boot with the smallest white margin. I had some umbrella dies left over from Tuesday, so I stamped a bright yellow brolly and adhered that to the card. I used dimensional pads to adhere the boot. I finished with the sentiment. I've left the inside blank for my own message.


I took a close-up photo of the background to show the embossed raindrop detail - you can just about see it in the photo above, but it's much clearer here:


I'm hoping that tomorrow will be a brighter day as I plan on taking my Mum to the local garden centre. She wants to get a new Acer for the garden, so we're garden shopping!! That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Buffy said...

Such a lovely card, the wellie is adorable
Hugs Buf xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your cloudy wellie is adorable and I like the big raindrops you added to the background! Terrific card, Deborah. Thanks for sharing is with us at Just Us Girls!

Carol said...

You have inspired me to get out this set. I really like our rain drops in the background too. That boot is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Jen Timko said...

Such a sweet card. Love your colors and that sweet rain boot. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this card, Deborah. Your wonderful CAS design is perfect for our challenge. I love the cloud boots and the embossed raindrops too! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls.

Laurel said...

Such a great card. love the boots! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...