Monday 22 April 2024

60th Birthday Card

.... Hello again! This is a very special card - it's for my wonderful husband, Jonathan. He'll be 60 years young on 30 April. Jonathan is a huge Dr Who fan, so I decided to make a postage stamp style card with Dr Who style 'stamps'. Here's his card:


Stamps: Viva Las Vegas - Plate 925 (Dr Who); Kindred Stamps - Dr Who; Gina K - Birthday Sparkle, Post Cards and More; Waffle Flower - Postage Collage Fall; MFT - Vanity License Plate
Inks: Gina K - Key Lime, Blue Raspberry, Soft Stone; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Waffle Flower - A7 Postage Stamp Collage; Gina K - Birthday Sparkle
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Pear Pizzazz; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Primacolor Pencils; Visible Image Stencils - Ripples, Off the Grid; Waffle Flower - A7 Postage Collage Block Stencil; Stampendous - Tim Holtz THS115 (stars)

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#281 - I gone with 'any colour and green', Addicted to Stamps and More - ATSM#466, and The Male Room - TMR#185 where they want to see embossing.




I think if you've seen my blog recently, you'll be aware that I just love the postage collage style cards. Waffle Flower have produced dies for all size cards - this card is 5" x 7" and uses the A7 die and stencil. It's great because I can use larger images in the 'stamps'. I die cut the stamp collage from white card, placed the block stencil over the top and used grey, blue and green brush to lightly ink the stamps. I then used three different stencil to create background patterns and inking with a heavier hand. I didn't reink any of the brushes - it was just what was left on the brush. I have two stamp sets that have a Dr Who theme. I used my MISTI to stamp the images. The Statue of Liberty and fish fingers and custard images were stamped with Versafine ink, embossed with clear powder, coloured with Prismacolour pencils and then fussy cut out and adhered to the stamps. The Tardis, Dalek, and Adipose babies were stamped in the MISTI, removed and coloured with Copic markers, restamped with Versafine ink, embossed with clear powder and fussy cut out. I then used various postage stamps to add detail stamping. I found a 60c stamp in Gina's Post Card & More set - so appropriate! I finished the front with a happy birthday sentiment stamped in black ink, die cut and adhered to the card.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of green card. On the white panel I stamped a greeting using words from the Kindred Stamps set, and added a cute (!!) Weeping Angel in the corner.


For those who don't know (and why not?) the Weeping Angels are statues that, if they catch you, transport you back in time. There is a catch with them, they can't move if you're looking at them - so 'don't blink'. The Statue of Liberty angel appears in The Angels take Manhattan. This episode always makes me cry. The Daleks have been the Doctor's adversaries since the series started in the 1960s. Google Daleks and you'll find loads of clips. The Adipose babies appear in Partners in Crime (David Tennant and Catherine Tate), one of my favourite episodes. Finally, the bowl of fish fingers and custard come from The Eleventh Hour where the newly regenerated Doctor (Matt Smith) meets Amy for the first time - it's a wonderful scene.

That really is all for today - I had so much fun making this card and I know that Jonathan will love it. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Deborah, Awesome card! I still haven't purchased any postage stamps or stencils but I certainly love them and am so tempted. Your hubby is going to love how personal you made this card for him. Happy Birthday to Johnathan. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

JoAnn said...

Wow, great card Deborah. It is special that you made it for your hubby with things he likes. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Fiona said...

Great card for your hubby celebrating Dr Who - I'm a Cardiff girl where Dr Who is made and I haven't watched it since I was 12 lol! Thanks for sharing with us at The Male Room

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...