Monday 1 April 2024

Shaking it all about with AAA Birthday

... Good morning!! I am delighted to say that I'm Guest Designer at AAA Birthday for their April challenge. The challenge this month is 'Shaker', and I have to admit that this caused me some concern. You don't see many shaker cards on my blog - and there's a reason for that. So, I spent a few weeks watching various tutorials, and this is the card I made:


Stamps: Gina K - On the Inside, Sweet Sentiments
Inks: Versafine Claire - Nocturne; Gina K - Bubblegum Pink, Passionate Pink
Dies: MFT Die-namics - Happy Birthday Block; Lil' Inkers - Stitched Squares #7
Accessories: White Card; Acetate; Brutus Monroe DP - Galaxy; Sequins & Gems from stash


I thought this would be a breeze. It was mostly. I cut some design paper to fit on a 5¼" square white card. I die cut the Happy Birthday block in white card and adhered some acetate to the back of the die cut. I then carefully went around the edge with dimensional tape. At this point I realised I needed to add some dimensional tape to the edge of some of the letters, otherwise the whole lot would collapse. Once I completed that, I filled the inside with a mixture of sequins and gems and added the card to the shaker panel. And I'm delighted it turned out so well.


I kept the inside, quite simple. I cut another piece of the design paper to make the mat layer and on the white panel added a birthday greeting along with some pink flowers.


I do hope you get time to join in with this month's challenge. I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the design team make and to visiting you all this month. I may even have another go - it was fun. I'd like to thank the DT for inviting me to join them this month. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fabulous card, colors and awesome layout. Thank you for being our Guest Designer this month at AAA Birthday Card Challenges

Jane said...

An absolute stunner Deborah. You need to be a bit of an architect to construct shaker cards don’t you. Thanks so much for guesting with AAA Birthday this month.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful shaker card Deborah. Love the colours. x

The Crafty Den said...

A gorgeous card Deborah; that die is just perfect for a shaker. Thanks for being our guest over at AAA Birthday challenge this month. Hugs, Denise x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...