Thursday 7 March 2024

Mother's Day Postage Card

... Afternoon!! It's been a really dull day here in Northop Hall - but I've had fun in my craft room working on a card for Mothering Sunday. Here it is:


Stamps: Waffle Flower - Postage Collage Love, Postage Collage Fall, Postage Collage; Gina K - Handmade Holidays, Filled with Sunshine; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Ocean Mist, Powder Blue, Peach Bellini, Sweet Mango, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion; Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Morning Mist
Dies: Waffle Flower - A2 Postage Collage; Gina K - Handmade Holidays
Accessories: White Card; Waffle Flower Stencils - Postage Collage Rose Stencil, Postage Collage Colouring Stencil; Peach Card

I'm submitting this card to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#589 - love these colours, and to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#79 where it's always Anything Goes.


I have a stack of these A2 postage stamp die cuts on my desk and I've been working my way through them, I love how different they look. For this card I used the co-ordinating PC Rose stencil - it has three parts (very easy to line up), I did the roses in shades of orange, the leaves in blues and added the starry highlights in yellow ink. I used the additional little stamps sets to add works and prices and franking marks. I layered the finished panel on to pale orange card. I used one of the stencils to add the decoration to the A2 note card and then added the stamped panel. I finished the front with a stamped sentiment.


Inside the card, I cut a couple of pieces of white card. I lightly added orange ink to the larger piece and then edged with an orange marker. On the smaller piece of card, I stamped a greeting and added some tiny flowers.


This card is for my aunty Sue. I lived with them for about 6 months when I was in my early 20s and Sue has always taken good care of me. That's it for today. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love how you used those stencils. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Helen said...

Fabulous card and such a clever design with that die.

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...