Sunday 17 March 2024

Happy Easter

... Good afternoon! It's been quite nice here today and so I spent the day playing in my craft room. Well, it's my happy place! I'm still working on my Easter cards - this one is for my mum. I'm perfectly safe to share it here as Mum doesn't do technology!


Stamps: Gina K - Lovely Lace; Waltzingmouse Stamps - Nestie Eggs
Inks: Gina K - Blue Denim
Dies: Spellbinders - Cross Collection (S4-265); Waffle Flower - Dotted Sunburst
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Balmy Blue, Very Vanilla; Sheer Shimmer Spray - Frost; Gems

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#83 - blue and cream. 


I cut a piece of blue card to be slightly smaller than an A2 white note card. I used the Dotted Sunburst die - this cuts a pattern into the card. I spritzed the card with a shimmer spray and set it aside to dry. I die cut a cross in cream card, along with 3 white crosses. Leaving the cross in the die, I brushed on blue ink - it was whatever was left on the brush. I removed the cross from the die and layered it with the three other crosses to give strength and dimension. I added the cross to the front of the card and added tiny crystal gems to the end of each arm of the cross. To complete the card, I stamped a simple greeting in blue ink on cream card and adhered it to the panel.


For the inside of the card, I cut a mat layer of blue card and a piece of white card. I stamped on of the WMS Nestie Eggs onto cream card with blue ink and used the Spellbinder die to cut it out. I lightly brushed blue ink around the edge of the egg and glued it to the white panel.


I'm very pleased how this card has turned out. I'm not at all religious - for me Easter is an excuse to enjoy lots of chocolate eggs. However, for my mum, Easter is very important and I think she'll love this card. It's been fun playing with my old Waltzingmouse stamps too. The Nestie Eggs set is just gorgeous - love the patterns in the eggs. That's it for now. See you tomorrow.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

JulieP said...

This is beautiful Deborah!!! I am silently chuckling over "Mom doesn't do technology". Your secret is safe here. Thanks so much for playing with us at Color Hues!

!neke said...

Love your Easter card !!!!
groeten Ineke

cm said...

Your Easter card is lovely. Your mom is guaranteed to love this, as do I. Thank you for showcasing blue and cream in such a beautiful way; thrilled to see you in the Colour Hues gallery.
~carol

Nancy said...

I can only imagine how glimmery this is in real life, Deborah! The dotted sunburst was the perfect idea to draw the eye to the cross. Wonderful Easter card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Easter card. The cross is lovely and is perfect in the center of the dotted starburst die.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...