Sunday 10 March 2024

For my Mum

.... Hello, good morning. Today is Mothering Sunday in the United Kingdom - the date varies from year to year as it follows Lent in the Christian calendar. While I'm not at all religious - Mum is, and she has spent the morning at our local church celebrating Mothering Sunday. Here's the card I made for Mum:


Stamps: Gina K - Handmade Holidays, Ocean Silhouettes, Wonderfully Made
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Turquoise Sea, Blue Lagoon, Key Lime, Lucky Clover; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 4, Handmade Holidays
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Bermuda Bay; Gina K Stencil - Summer Bouquet, Gina K Poly Glaze - Petit Flourish; Gina K Fancy Foil - Sparkling Silver; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Color Hues - CH#82 - these are mum's favourite colours!!


I started by foiling one of my Poly Glaze sheets with sparkling silver foil - I love the petit flourish pattern - I made another foiled sheet with the left over foil. I used the Summer Bouquet stencils to create a bunch of lovely flowers on the card. I used the scalloped edge die to cut out a dark turquoise mat layer. I trimmed the stencilled panel to size and added it to the mat, and attached the whole piece to the front of an A2 white note card. I stamped a greeting in black on white card, cut it out with the matching die and added it to the middle of the card.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of turquoise card. On the white card, I stamped a simple greeting and added a pretty butterfly which I coloured with Copic markers. I took a close up of the front panel to show all the lovely sparkle from the silver foil.


I hope that everyone who is celebrating Mothering Sunday has a lovely day today. I'm making our favourite meal for dinner - roast lamb, mashed potato, veg, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, and mint sauce. Yum!! See you all soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy Mothering Sunday my friend! This is stunning, my eyes dancing all over your card and supply list to se what you did and it's fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Deborah and great use of our challenge colors! That poly glaze SHINE is amazing and your Mum is going to love this card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!! Marcia (DT)

cm said...

Your swirly floral card is ever so pretty. What a wonderful way to showcase the versatility of poly-glaze sheets. Guaranteed your mom loves this, as do I. Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
~carol

Nancy said...

This is so eye-catching, Deborah! I love the added shimmer and the scalloped frame, it certainly brings the eyes in! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...