Tuesday 19 March 2024

Easter Bling

... Good morning! Today's Easter card has a bit of bling. This one is for my aunt and uncle, safe to share it now as my family don't read my blog! Here's the card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Nestie Eggs, Spring Baskets
Inks: Gina K - Blue Denim; Versafine Claire - Acorn, Morning Mist; Versamark 
Dies: Spellbinders - Nested Eggs (S4-264) #4; WF - Dotted Sunburst
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Very Vanilla; Copics; Shimmer Spray - Sparkle; Gems; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this to Color Hues - CH#83 - I do like these colours.


This card is a companion to the one I made for my Mum on Sunday. I cut a piece of cream card slightly smaller than an A2 note card and used the dotted sunburst die to cut a pattern in the card. I spritzed on a shimmer spray that has a slight gold tint and set it aside to dry. I used one of my favourite stamps sets from WMS. I stamped the largest egg onto cream card with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder. I brushed on blue ink to reveal the lovely pattern on the Easter egg. I ended up using a smaller die to cut out the central part of the egg. I added a touch of darker blue ink around the edge of the egg. I adhered the egg to the cream panel and added them both the the A2 note card. I stamped a greeting and added that to the card. I finished the front of the card by adding some little crystal gems to the Easter egg.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of cream card. On the white panel I stamped a greeting and created a basket of Easter eggs. I love the colours - the card looks very elegant.


I'm off to the hairdresser this afternoon. I'm going to have some blonde highlights added to my hair - I'll share a photo later. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a gorgeous image!

Karen said...

CAS perfection! That egg deserves to take center stage. I love the beautiful design and the background is wonderful as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Deborah, You did it again! This one is just as pretty as the cross! I thought I wrapped up Easter cards today, but you have me itching to make another one with this beauty! Thanks for making the colors look so good at Color Hues.

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the pattern on the Easter egg Deborah ! The gems add a touch of elegance and you used the challenge colors in a beautiful way! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Kate said...

Just gorgeous Deb! I didn’t get a chance to buy either of these WMS sets unfortunately! You’ve really done them proud with this card! Hugs, Kate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...