Wednesday 6 March 2024

Mother's Day Card

..... Good afternoon! My second post this week - I'm on a roll. It's Mothering Sunday on 10 March and I've got a few cards to make - one for my mum, one for my mother-in-law, and one for my aunt. This is the one for my MIL:


Stamps: Gina K - Lovely Flowers, Handmade Holidays, Ocean Silhouettes, Lovely Notes
Inks: Gina K - Dusty Rose, Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Applemint, Lucky Clover, Soft Stone; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Lovely Flowers, Handmade Holidays
Accessories: White & Black card; Gina K Stencils - Lovely Flowers, Brick Wall; Gina K Glimmer Mist - Sterling Silver

I'm submitting this card to several challenges. The first is Inkspirational - INK#310 where they have a lovely mood board for us. Second is The Flower Challenge - TFC#89 - to make a square card, and the last is Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#60 - I've had all this stash for a while, but this is the first time they've been used!!



I used my MISTI to stamp the large floral image on white card. I removed the card and used the matching stencils to add colour to the image - the stencils match up very easily. Finally, I die cut the coloured image along with two further white die cuts. On a white square card measuring 5¾", I lightly stencilled a grey brick wall and added some silver shimmer spray. I stamped the greeting on white card, cut it out with the matching die along with two further die cuts. I layered the die cuts together for dimension and stability and then adhered both pieces to the front of the card.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped the large floral image in pale grey ink. I created the sentiment from two different stamps sets - I like mixing things up. Below is a close-up image of the front of the card - so that you can see the shimmer of the silver spray.


So, that's the first card done. Tomorrow, I'll make the card for my aunt and then one for mum on Friday. That's all for today - see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Darnell said...

What a great photo you got of the fantastic silver spray, Deborah! The whole card is beautiful with your pretty coloring and subtle stenciled background! I'm sure the three special ladies in your life love getting cards from you! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful coloring on your pretty florals Deborah, love the subtle brick wall and splatter on your background! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational: Moodboard! Julia xx

I Card Everyone said...

Hello, Deborah!! I'm so glad to have your first stamping of this lovely set in our gallery at The Flower Challenge! Seems to me like that square shape didn't challenge you at all! LOve the colors, your sparkling splatters, and the lovely brick wall stenciling, too!
Thanks so much for playing cards with us, my friend! x
=]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...