Wednesday 17 February 2021

SHC - Trigonometry .....

.... Morning all! I'm here with my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've been doing a bit of reorganisation and tidying in my craft room and that means I've been going through my big, vast, stamp stash. Last week I came across Trigonometry from Altenew. This is a super set with nine large triangles - lots of patterns and a solid, as well as a few smaller triangles. I've not used this set before, despite having had it for a while, so I decided to play. I made three cards. Here's the first:


Stamps: Altenew - Trigonometry, Striped Circle
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Bubblegum Pink, Passionate Pink, Stormy Sky, Jet Black (Amalgam); Versamark
Dies: MFT - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 2 #9
Accessories: White Card; Silver Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to The Paper Players - PP#528 where I got the colours, and to Never-Before-Used-Sctuff - NBUS#23.


I used my MISTI to stamp the different triangle images. I wanted to make sure they were straight and lined up properly. I used a mixture of pink inks, along with black and a few silver embossed triangles. Once I was happy with the stamped panel, I used a stitch edged die to cut it out and adhered it to the front of an A2 card. I finished the front by adding the birthday sentiment from the stamp set. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the card. I picked two of the patterned triangles, stamped them in the middle of the card and then added a greeting. The words come from a new Altenew stamp set - Striped Circle - they are perfect for a birthday card!


While my first card is very much a feminine birthday card, I think the triangles are perfect for a masculine card, so here it is:


Stamps: Altenew - Trigonometry, New Me
Inks: Gina K - Key Lim, Jelly Bean Green, Turquoise Sea, Blue Lagoon, Jet Black (Amalgam)
Accessories: White Card

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Guyz - C4G#264 where they want to see a clean and simple card.


This card measures 4½" x 6¼". I started with the solid triangle at the bottom of the card and moved up the card diagonally towards the opposite corner. I finished with a striped triangle pointing down the card. I added a few of the smaller triangles and stamped the greeting at the bottom of the card. On the inside, I cut a piece of white card onto which I stamped the dotty triangles to form a diamond shape. I used a sentiment from Altenew's New Me stamp set. Most of the sentiments in this set are aimed at scrapbooking and journals, but they work on cards too.


My final card is another feminine birthday card. This time I stamped the images freehand. They are so easy to line up.


Stamps: Altenew - TrigonometryFloral Sprig
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Passionate Pink, Warm Cocoa, Dark Chocolate
Accessories: Cream Card

I'm submitting this card to Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#140 where they have the colours brown and pink.


I started by stamping the triangle with the holes in pale pink. I started at the bottom left corner and stamped half the image. I then added the multiple triangles stamp in light brown, and worked my way up the card to the top right corner. I inked up the dotty triangle with dark brown ink and filled in most of the pale pink triangles, and did one in bright pink. I finished the front by added a super funky birthday message from Floral Sprig. On the inside, I kept things really simple. I stamped the flowers from Floral Sprig and left the rest blank for my own message.


I had planned on making a Christmas card with the triangles too, but I'll save that for another day. Thanks so much for stopping by, see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

13 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Deborah, what wonderful cards, love the triangle shape in so many different ways, Love them all.
Faith x

Nancy said...

What fun geometric cards you have for us today Deborah. Love how you managed to incorporate our colors in your design. Love the mix of sizes of triangles too. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players.

dj said...

Perfection!! Your really rocked our CAS challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz using geometric stamp set!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!

Jaydee said...

Wonderful cards made with this set. They are perfect for any gender and I love the bold, graphic feel. The touch of the embossed silver was the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
jaydee

Lynda said...

Love the cards - especially the pink and brown triangles for our challenge. A great idea and design. Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda DT

Vicky Hayes said...

I love a triangle Deborah and it's interesting to see how colour affects the way we perceive them. I absolutely love the one with blues and greens and the slightly more CAS layout too. Hope the reorganisation and tidying is going well. I am still in the middle of cataloguing my stamps - and you were the inspiration for that! Vicky x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gorgeous cards, Deborah! Love the color combos you chose. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Zoechaos said...

I love these cards they are very impactful. x

Dawn Phillips said...

I love these simple geometric cards. They are perfect for all sorts of occasions. Love Dawn x

Theresa's Treasures said...

Great cards!

Darnell said...

You've actually made me like math, Deborah, and that's not easy to do! I love your designs with such awesome angles! That silver schparkle on the first one is a great element with the inside sediment and I really love the colors on all three outsides and insides! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Have fun with your reorg and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Cazro said...

Not my favourite lesson at school, but I do like triangles. A clever concept for the CAS card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Cardz 4 Guyz. We hope to see you again. Stay safe and well. Caz. DT.

Lucy E. said...

Wow-I love these clean and graphic cards! That stamp set looks awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...