Monday 22 January 2024

Rainbow Gamer

... Morning!! I made a birthday card for our daughter's boyfriend, Kobie, yesterday. I had such a hard time coming up with an idea, then I remembered that he likes to play computer games, and it was easy:


Stamps: MFT - Level Up
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Red Hot, Blue Raspberry; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT Die-namics - Game Controller
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Card - Silver Metallic; Visible Image Stencil - Breakout; Copic Markers; Glossy Accents

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#275 - in the anything goes birthday section, but I think it fits the topping option of dry embossing too. I'm also playing along with AAA Birthday - AAAB#57 - rainbow colours, and Inkspirational - INK#307 - to use a stencil.




The rainbow background was made the quick way - simply using blue, red and yellow and overlapping to give orange, purple and green. I cut the panel to 5¼" square and stamped a bold birthday greeting in black in the bottom corner, added it to a black mat and then to the front of a 5¾" square white note card. I die cut the game controller from silver metallic card and two plain white pieces, which I layered together for strength and stability. I used Copics to add shading to the controller, which you can't really see in the picture above, but you can in the photo at the end of the post. I coloured the little pieces to match a real controller and adhered them to the controller. I added the controller to the front of the card and finished by adding glossy accent to all the buttons - and you can see the shine in the photo above.


I kept the inside of the card reasonably simple. I used the same stencil and simply used whatever ink was left on the brushes to get the subtle rainbow spectrum. I stamped the bold greeting, layered onto a black mat and added it to the card. Below is the photo showing the shading on the game controller.


Before I go, I do hope that everyone in the UK is okay this morning; Storm Isha was really bad last night. We had rain and high winds around here and, about 9pm last night, there was a huge crash in the back garden. We found a roof bridging tile on the floor. It's only just got light, so I've got to go out and see if I can find out where there's a gap!! Keep safe.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Fantastic masculine card, the stencilled background looks so cool with the controller! Love the subtle stencilling on the inside too. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, also hope you had no serious damage to your roof :) Cathy x

Pia S said...

This is a brilliant creation for a guy of any age and I love how you used the rainbow colors! Thanks for playing in our challenge over at Inkspiraional.

Julia Aston said...

What a great card design for a gamer Deborah! That stencil is perfect behind the controller in the great mix of colors you used - love the softer stenciling on the inside too! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational: Stencils! Julia xx

Barbara said...

I totally agree that teen boys are hard to make cards for. Right next to masculine cards for me. But you have really outdone yourself with this amazing colorful card. I am sure that he will love it. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Jane said...

Perfect card for a teenager. Loving the rainbow stencilled background, such a great choice. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

cm said...

Hi Deborah...dropping by to let you know that your awesome Gamer card is an Inkspirational Top Pick! Thank you for playing along with us. Be sure to grab your badge.
~carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...