Monday 22 January 2024

Floral Birthday

... Hello again! Just a quick post to share a card I made for Ben's grandmother - it's a clean, simple and pretty card - well, I think so!!


Stamps: Gina K - Love at all Times, Filled with Sunshine, Fancy Phrases
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Gina K - Lovely Lavender, Passionate Pink
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 1, Love at all Times, Fancy Phrases; Taylored Expressions - Diamond Piercing Plate
Accessories: White & Black Card; Copics; Gems

I'm just in time to play along with the current challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#528 - such pretty colours. I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday - STB#275 - my card is anything birthday goes.


Using my MISTI, I stamped the large floral image removed it from the MISTI and coloured with Copic markers. I put the image back and restamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne black ink - gives such a great black outline. I then used the floral die to cut out the top part of the floral image which I stacked onto two white floral die cuts. I stamped the birthday greeting - such an elegant font - die cut and stacked onto two other diecuts. I used the diamond plate to pierce a pattern into white card and then cut out a rectangle which I layered onto a black mat layer. I added the panel to the front of an A2 white note card. I adhered the floral image and greeting, and finished by adding a few gems.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped the solid floral image in soft lavender ink, added the mesh image in pink and finished by stamping a birthday greeting.


Today has turned out to be beautiful with blue skies, bright sunshine and mild temperatures. Hardly any wind at all. I mentioned earlier about a falling tile last night, well I found out where it came from. Now waiting for the insurance team to come and check things out. Hopefully, it'll be dry tonight. Bye for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Buffy said...

It's lovely
Hugs Buf x

Patricia Hays said...

Deborah, you've done a fabulous job coloring this lovely blossom! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at CC&S!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your flower stem is indeed clean, simple and pretty Deborah - I love the ombre petals, so delicate and a great way to use this week's colours! Thanks for playing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the embossing on the background, a beautiful flower and sentiment, I've caught up with your lovely work too Deborah.
Faith x

Laura said...

Gorgeous! I adore the texture in the background.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Jeanne said...

Beautiful coloring on your card! And the stitched diamonds accent the flower perfectly. Thanks for joining us at CC&S!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...