Thursday 11 January 2024

Christmas Sparkle

.... Good afternoon! I've made my first Christmas card of the year. Last year, I was so behind making Christmas cards, that I've decided to get a wiggle on and start now. Here's my card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Delightful Decorations; Waltzingmouse Stamps -Teeny Trees; Uniko - Simply Said Christmas; Mama Elephant - Easy Xmas Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Soft Stone, Stormy Sky; Versafine Clair - Morning Mist
Accessories: White & Grey Card; Kaisercraft DP - Glisten; SU Punch - Delightful Decorations; WRMK Floss - Snowflake

I'm submitting this card to 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - 52CCT24-01 - for the sketch layout, Just Us Girls - JUGS#709 - where the word is 'sparkle', and to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#585 - for the colours.




I'm sure I'm not the only one who has lots of stash, so this year I've decided to revisit some of my old stuff - there's nothing new on this card!! I used the sparkly silver dot design paper for the background, and layered it onto a grey mat. I stamped this lovely ornament in bright yellow ink and used the matching punch to cut it out, along with three white ones which I layered together to give some dimension. I stamped a simple greeting on grey card, and adhered the strip to the panel. I found some silver floss in my stash and used this the 'hang' the ornament on the card.


Inside the card, I cut another grey mat layer and on the white panel I stamped some fun Christmas greetings and I added some dotty circles too.

That's all for today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE the silver polka dots and the lovely ornament. GREAT design!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You used the sketch very nicely! Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Andreja said...

What a beautiful festive card :-)) I like how you take my sketch!
Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT ❤️

Lisa Elton said...

I like the sparkly background you gave that sweet polka dot ornament! Cute card, Deborah! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

Bobby said...

I'm with you on using our older stash, Deborah. That paper is fabulous as the background for the polka dot ornament. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Helen said...

Love this - great touch of sparkle.

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Sasha said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sparkle. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great day!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...