Wednesday 3 January 2024

New Year FIreworks

... Well, hello! No post yesterday - more of that below. So, it's a post today and I'm sharing my January calendar page:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - USA 1776; Gina K - Party Time
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocturne, Bluebelle, Green Oasis, Charming Pink, Summertime, Medieval Blue, Verdant
Accessories: A4 Wire Bound 2024 Calender Blank

I'm submitting this to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#78 where the theme is always, Anything Goes - you can make anything.


The calendar layout has changed a bit this year - the month and year used to be at the centre top, but is now just above the month. That actually works better - more space to fill. I guess these are not the fireworks you were expecting. I started by stamped the words, from Party Time, in bold black ink. Once done, I used my all time favourite fireworks stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps (sadly now closed) designed by the brilliant Claire Brennan and stamped using Versafine Claire inks - so bold and bright. And that's it done for the month. I guess most people put photos in the space, but I enjoy making each month different.

The reason I didn't manage a post yesterday is that I was driving our son to Crewe railway station to get his train back to Hastings. Not a journey that Ben enjoys, but, when I heard from him about 2pm the journey was going well. Unfortunately, due to the effects of Storm Henk, the second part of Ben's journey to Hastings was totally ruined. There was a tree on the line from Tunbridge Wells to Hastings, so all the passengers had to change and get a train from Ashford to Hastings. Ben finally made it home by 9.30pm. I'm so proud of Ben - he has a fear of crowds, he has ADHD (so hates change), and he's overcoming agoraphobia - so Ben could have had a complete meltdown, but he made it. So, so proud of him. 

I'm heading back to Weight Watchers today - I need the accountability of the weekly weigh-in. So, that's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...