Sunday 7 January 2024

Rainbow Birthday

.....  Good afternoon. It's been a lovely day here in Northop Hall - bright, sunny, clear and cold!! But no rain, yea! I've been playing in my craft room. For me, January, is a very busy month - I have 9 family birthdays. I've made a bright and fun card for my niece, Anne, who will be 40 years old on 11 January. I can share the card here as Anne doesn't look at my blog:


Stamps: The Greetery - Pinwheel Party, Sentiment Suite Birthday, Birthday Blooms
Inks: Gina K - Passionate Pink, Red Velvet, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Blue Raspberry, Wild Lilac; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: The Greetery - Pinwheel Party, Birthday Blooms
Accessories: White & Black Card; The Greetery Stencils - Pinwheel Party; Gina K - Flat Sequins; Rainbow Gems

I'm submitting this card to several challenges - AAA Birthday - AAAB#57 where the theme is to use a rainbow or rainbow colours, The Paper Players - PP#671 where the team want us to make a birthday card, and to AAA Cards - AAA#256 where we have a sketch to use.




I had considered making a card with a big '40' on the front, but decided instead to make a chain of pretty rainbow pinwheels. This is a large card measuring 5" x 7" and I've put it in landscape format so that I can get the whole rainbow of colours across the front of the card. It's been a while since I've used these fun pinwheels. I used the dies to cut out lots of white pinwheels in all sizes (I still have a quite a few left). I used the co-ordinating stencils to add colour and made each pinwheel two-tone. I started with pink/red, then red/orange, orange/yellow, yellow/green, green/teal, teal/blue, and blue/purple. I adhered four of the pinwheels flat to the card and used dimensional pads to add the other three. I added rainbow gems to the centre of four pinwheels and flat sequins to the other three. I stamped the word 'happy' directly on the card. I stamped the word 'birthday' on card and used the matching die to cut it, and two other out. I layered them together and added it to the card. I love the simplicity of this card and the bold, bright colours.


On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel, I stamped a birthday greeting in black ink. I added three more pinwheels which I stencilled directly onto the card. The stencil kit comes with the masks, so it was easy to layer the two smaller pinwheels.


It's so nice to be making cards again. My mojo took a long trip away, and it's only recently that I've got it back. Thank you for stopping by and for your comments. I really do appreciate you taking the time.

See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

14 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card! Those pinwheels are awesome!

Cardsbymaaike said...

awesome rainbow and take on the sketch at AAA Cards, Thank you for playing at both the AAA and AAA Birthday Cards Challenges

KarenR said...

What a bright and cheerful birthday card, and it's a great take on the sketch at AAA Cards. Thanks for playing along with us and we hope to see you again.
KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

Francesca said...

Beautiful card, love the design and the die used! Thank you for playing at AAA Cards!

kareN stampZ said...

Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards, I love the rainbow pinwheels as I'm sure the lucky recipient will do too. Hope to see you in another challenge soon and all the very best for 2024
KarenR (DT AAA Cards)

Jillscardparty said...

Love the rainbow colors. Such a beautiful project.

Tristan said...

Fab card Deb. Love those rainbow pinwheel stencil elements. Thanks for playing with us at AAA Birthday.

Jaydee said...

Two of my favorite things... these gorgeous pinwheels from The Greetery and rainbow colors.... just so much to love about this card. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

sentsue said...

Such a bright, fun card! We are pleased you shared your beautiful card on the AAA Cards Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Deborah! I love the chain of pinwheels across the front. It's such a colorful and cheery card! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love these colourful pinwheels Deborah - the stencilling gives them a real 3D effect, so effective. Glad you found your mojo and shared it with us over at The paper Players this week!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card

Jane.D said...

Wow, what a fab card! Love the colourful rainbow of pinwheels. Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Birthday, hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!

Kati said...

Fabulous card, Deborah! I totally love the rainbow pinwheels! :) Thanks so much for joining the AAA Birthday Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...