Saturday 13 January 2024

Embossed Elegance

.... Morning!! It's so good to be back making cards, and refilling my card boxes. I had completely run out of birthday and thank you cards. So, this morning I've a pretty, elegant and lightly embossed card to share with you:


Stamps: Gina K - Bold and Blooming, Birthday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Bubblegum Pink, Medium Lilac, Jelly Bean Green, Sandy Beach; Versamark; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Stencil - Christmas Flowers; Gold Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Waffle Flower Grip Mat; Versamark Pen

I'm submitting this card to Color Throwdown - CTD#775 - such lovely colours, to Time Out Challenge - TOC#254 - where the theme is new, and to Seize the Birthday - STB#275 - where you can follow the topping, dry and/or wet embossing, or simply make a birthday card. So, for TOC my new is the Gina K stencil which is very pretty, and for STB, I've added gold embossing to my card.




This was so easy to make. I used my Waffle Flower grip mat to hold a piece of white card 5½" square and created the flowers. The stencil has four layers and is very easy to line up. The note card is 5¾" square, so I cut a mat layer of black card 5½" square and trimmed the stencilled panel to 5¼" square. Before layering together I stamped a birthday greeting in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold powder. I used my Versamark pen to add dots in the flowers and embossed them with gold too. I finished the white panel by lightly edging the square with Versamark ink and embossing a fine gold border. I then adhered all the panels to the front of the card.


I like to decorate the inside of my cards and, as I'd already put away the stencil, I decided to use one of the flower stamps from Bold and Blooming at the bottom of the white panel. I coloured the image with Copic markers. I finished by added a simple greeting. So, this card is for my stash.

I've got a very busy day today - I'm going to be in my craft room all day. I need to work in my daily Dyalog, and I want to make a few more birthday cards. That's it from me today. Keep safe, keep warm.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Nonni said...

Such a beautiful stencil and I love the gold embossing too! Great CAS card. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous stencil work, Deborah! Love the pop of gold in the centers. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and for using the topping!

Deb said...

Love your card. That pop of gold in the center of the flowers and the sentiment really make this card pop!

shirley-bee said...

I’m so out of the habit of heat embossing, but your precision sentiment, dots and border look so good, you make me want to pick up my heat gun, Deborah! Fab card!

Glenda J said...

This is so beautiful! I love the colours you chose and the gold centres and sentiment just add a wonderful level of sophistication. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...