Sunday 15 January 2023

Grunge Birthday

.... Hello! It's a dull, wet and cold day here in Northop Hall, so I'm spending the day playing in my craft room. Last year, I wasn't able to make many cards - the various cancer treatments made me quite tired. However, I'm at last beginning to feel much more like myself!! And I intend to get back to making lots more cards. Here's the first:


Stamps: Visible Image - Nothing to Wear, Set the Tone, Happy Birthday; MFT - Bitty Birthday Wishes
Inks: Gina K - Plum Punch, Cherry Red, Keylime; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 1
Accessories: White & Black Card; SU Card - Cherry Cobbler; Visible Image - Count Me In Stencil; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder

One of my favourite challenges is CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#501, and I've used their colours on this card - however, I do realise that this is not entire clean and simple!!! I'm going to link to the challenge anyway and do better on my next card. I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday - STB#253 where the topping is 'winged things', but I'm playing with the 'anything birthday goes'.


I'm continuing my intention to make more cards with coloured bases; I used Cherry Cobbler to make the note card. I placed the stencil over a piece of white card and brushed on purple and red ink, making sure to blend them well where they met in the middle. I used dies to cut out a mat layer of black card and the stencilled panel and glued them together. I put the piece into my MISTI and stamped a simple birthday greeting in the bottom of the panel. I used the MISTI to stampe the t-shirt image onto white card, removed it and coloured with Copic markers. I returned the coloured image to the MISTI and placed on the skull, and stamped the t-shirt and skull again in Onyx Black ink which I heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully fussy cut out the t-shirt. I edged the image with a black marker and adhered it to the stencilled panel. I added the whole piece to the front of the note card. For the inside, I cut a mat layer in black. On the white panel, I stamped a dotty background in lime green ink and finished by adding a birthday greeting.


This card is for Kat's boyfriend, Kobie. He's a lovely young man - he loves green and purple, so I think this works perfectly for him. I safe to share it here as neither Kat nor Kobie look at my blog!! Gotta love your kids! Now that I've finished this card, I'm off to make another for Kobie - this one will be from my mum!!

That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

9 comments:

Buffy said...

Such a cool card
Hugs Buf xx

Jeanne said...

Great masculine card! And I'm very happy you're feeling better and able to craft more. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Tammy Fite said...

Great Card! Love the T-shirt image--could've used that when my boys were teens!! Thanks for sharing at CC&S!

Lucy said...

It's so wonderful to hear that you're feeling well enough to craft a little more these days. You've made a lovely card using our challenge colours, I'm sure Kobie is going to love it! Thank you so much for sharing at CC&S :)

JulieP said...

This definitely has lots of Cool Factor!!! Love that tee image and your coloring is fabulous. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Thanks for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday challenge blog!

Michal said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better and able to get back to crafting!!! Your card is such a cool card for teens, I love the graffiti vibes. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S! :)

Patricia Hays said...

Deborah, I'm so glad you're feeling up to crafting again! You've used the challenge colors to create a very striking card. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An amazing piece of work Deborah, love the colours on this fab card.
Faith x

Cathy said...

What a cool card, love the colours and all of the details you've put into the card, and that fun T-shirt! Glad you are feeling up to card making again, and thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...