Tuesday 17 January 2023

Chocolate Birthday Cake

.... Hello again! I'm here to share another birthday card that I've made:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Bash, Big Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Sandy Beach, Dark Chocolate, Sea Glass, Applemint, Blue Denim, Wild Dandelion, Red Hot
Dies: Gina K - Birthday Bash
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Early Espresso; Gina K Stencil - Fizzy; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to AAA Birthday - AAAB#45 where it's 'anything birthday goes', and to Inkspirational - INK#281 where the word prompt is 'new'. I've had these Gina K stamps and dies for a while, but this is the first time I've used them on a card!! I plan on shopping my stash this year, rather than buying new stuff. We'll see how that goes 😉


I used brown card from my stash to make an A2 note card. I placed the stencil on white card and used my blue, green and teal blending brushes to add colour - I didn't add any ink to the brushes, just used what was left!! A lot it seems. I trimmed the stencilled card to 4⅛" x 5⅜" and adhered it to the note card. The birthday cake is made from a solid stamp in the lighter colour, with the layers in darker ink. My cake is chocolate with coffee frosting!! I stamped a candle and flame, and used the co-ordinating dies to cut them all out. I adhered all the pieces flat to the card. I finished the front with a bold birthday greeting in dark blue ink. On the white panel inside the card, I stamped a large greeting and coloured the letters with Copic markers.


We woke up to a blanket of snow this morning - about 3" deep! That's a lot for around here. I've been out this morning and shovelled the snow off our drive - reminds me of being in Michigan. The sun is shining and should melt any snow off the cars and the last bits off the drive. Here are some photos of the snow - it always looks so pretty!!


This was our garden last night - I only realised that it had snowed when I went to bed. My neighbour had his garden lights on - so I got a good photo!



The photos above are two views of the garden just as the sun was rising. The sky was so pretty and the garden looks just lovely. It's a perfect day to stay in the house, keep warm and play in my craft room. That's it for today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

sentsue said...

Beautiful snow and a great cake card. Bonus day. Lol. Thanks for sharing your work with us on the AAA Birthday Challenge.

Julia Aston said...

Love all the bubbles around your delicious looking slice of cake Deborah! and what beautiful snowy shots of your garden! thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Julia xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

We had a smattering of snow, but it still looks beautiful. I Love your birthday cake and the stencilling. Great insert as always.
Faith x

The Dream Pages said...

Love all the play of colour n yextire play..
And loved the photos of your garden too..
Thank you so much for joining in at Aaa birthday challenge.. Stay safe n stay crafty..
Swapna

cm said...

What a scrumptious slice of cake you've 'baked'; looks fabulous. The stenciled background is a wonderful added touch. Thank you so much for joining us at Inkspirational.
Your snow photos are pretty; we had some this morning here in Alberta, too.
~carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...