Monday 16 January 2023

Teenage Kicks

.... Hi! I hope everyone is having a good day. It's lovely here today - bright sunshine, blue skies and an icy wind!!! Kat asked me to make a birthday card for her to give to her boyfriend, and this is what I've made:


Stamps: Visible Image - Teenage Kicks, Grunge Tones, Happy Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Sandy Beach, Soft Stone, Light Lilac, Powder Blue, Keylime; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Crumb Cake; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm playing along with The Paper Players - PP#623 - it's a colour challenge this week, cool, frosty colours, just right for this time of year!


I stamped the brick wall along the bottom of the card - using two inks to give some texture to the wall. I used my MISTI to stamp the legs (twice to give good coverage) directly onto the card in Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear powder. I stamped a simple birthday greeting on the 'wall' and finished by adding some grungy texture in blue, lilac and green. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer in kraft card and on the white panel I simply stamped the grunge texture stamp diagonally across the card. I didn't add a verse - so there's plenty of space for Kat to write her message.


It's been a busy day - I took mum to the garden centre this morning - she had some Christmas vouchers to spend. Mum got a couple of nice blouses and a new dark purple hellebore for the garden. I got a lovely table runner and napkins for Christmas - 50% off. I love a bargain!! That's all for now. Keep safe and warm. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

I love the brick stamped background and the image is perfect for a birthday greeting for anyone! SO happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Suzanne said...

Deborah, What a fun stamp. I like how you used the colors to accent this fun image. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players. Suzy

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

LURVE that stamp, and the colours you used with a great design Deborah. Love this.
Faith x

Fran Wing said...

Hello, Deborah! What an interesting design - and I mean that in a good way! The combination of the jeans fading off with circles into the background of circles works really well. Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...