Friday 20 January 2023

SHC - One Background - Four Ways

... Hello again! I'm beginning to get back into card making - so many birthday cards needed this month. I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've used one background stamp - four different ways. Here's the first card:


Stamps: Altenew - Woven Stripes, Just a Number, Birthday Builder; Colorado Craft Company - Big & Bold Majestic Moth
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone, Keylime, Blue Raspberry, Sea Glass; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: C&9 - Confetti Card Die
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Pear Pizzazz; Copic Markers; Clear Embossing Powder; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Seize the Birthday - STB#253 - I'm using the toppings option - 'winged things'.


I made an A2 note card using green card from my stash. I put the Woven Stripes stamp into my MISTI and masked off sections, I stamped the panel in four colours. I used a scallop edge die to cut out a piece of the panel and glued it to the note card. I stamped a simple birthday greeting in the bottom corner of the panel, along with a dragonfly above. I stamped the dragonfly again on white card, coloured it with Copic markers, restamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully cut out the dragonfly, edged it with a black marker and glued it to the note card. I finished the front by adding some shimmer to the dragonfly with a clear aquashimmer brush. I cut a piece of white card for the inside, I stamped a fun sentiment and another dragonfly.


Next is a card for Ben's grandmother:


Stamps: Altenew - Woven Stripes, Just a Number, Enchanting Beauty, Sentiment Strips 3
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue; Versafine Clair - Nocturne; Versamark; Memento - Angel Pink
Dies: Altenew - Just a Number, Enchanting Beauty
Accessories: White & Black Card; Watercolour Card; Brusho - Cobalt Blue, Violet, Rose Red; Silver Mirri Card; Silver & White Embossing Powders; Vellum

I'm submitting this card to a new challenge - Birthstone Challenges - BSC#01 - January (Garnet) and February (Amethyst).


This time I stamped the Woven Stripes image in Versamark on watercolour card and heat embossed with white powder. I sprinkled Brusho crystals onto the panel, spritzed with water and allowed the colours to flow and blend. Once dry, I trimmed the panel and layered it onto a black mat layer. I glued the whole piece to the front of a note card measuring 6¼" x 4½". I stamped the leaf image in Versamark onto vellum and heat embossed with silver powder. I used the matching die to cut out the leaf and adhered it to the panel. I finished the front with a die cut birthday greeting. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped the leaf image in pink and added a birthday greeting.


Next up is a clean, simple card:


Stamps: Altenew - Woven Stripes, Just a Number, Sentiment Strips 3, Half-tone Stars;
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Red Hot, Lucky Clover, Blue Raspberry, Medium Lilac; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White & Black Card

I'm submitting this one to The Male Room - TMR#170 where the theme is 'galaxy and/or stars'. I've not played along with this challenge for a long while, so it's good to play along.


I stamped this background in several colours - using my MISTI and masking off areas. Once stamped, I cut the card in half along the long line of the biggest set of stripes. I turned one section and glued it to the bottom of an A2 white note card and trimmed off the excess. I then added a thin strip of black card above. I finished the front by stamping a simple birthday greeting and adding several stars stamped to match the colour of the stripes. For the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the note card. I added two more portions of the Woven Stamp panel at the corners and edged them with a black marker. I finished by adding a fun sentiment and a few more stars.


For my last card, I simply stamped the Woven Stripes background directly on the card:


Stamps: Altenew - Woven Stripes, Just a Number, Sentiment Strips 3; C&9 - Triple-Step Hooray
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Blue Breeze; Gina K - Powder Blue, Ocean Mist, Blue Raspberry; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White & Black Card

I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#72 where it's always 'anything goes'.


I used my Kaleidacolor ink pad to stamp this background - I love the ombre effect you get with these ink pads. I stamped the three-step word 'hooray' on white card - it's very easy to line up these stamps. I then cut out the word and layered it onto a black mat and adhered it to the front of the card. I finished the front by stamping one of the smaller sentiments from Triple-Step Hooray in bold black ink, trimmed it to size and used dimensional pads to adhere it to the card. On the white panel inside, I stamped a birthday greeting and some stars.


That's all my cards for today. I'm so pleased to be making cards again. I need to replenish my own card stash. See you soon. Take care.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the stamped background and embossed image.Thank you for joining our 1st challenge at Birthstone Challenges
Carol DT x

MortiCraft said...

Fabulous mix of stripes and stars Deborah. I’ve not entered a challenge in ages either…must right that wrong soon! Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fabulous selection of cards, great designs Deborah. I'm here with my both hats on today, so will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our Galaxy / Stars challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
Faith DT

Ashwini Rao said...

Gorgeous cards, Deborah! I love how well you've used the background stamp. And the dragonfly looks perfect against the striped background in your first card. Totally awesome! Thank you for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

Sari / Granne said...

Awesome set of cards, wonderful to see same stamp used in so different ways. Great masculine star cards. Thank-you for joining us at the The Male Room Challenge #170.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...