Thursday 23 December 2021

Snowflakes galore ...

... Morning! I'll bet this is a bit of a surprise. It is for me too! Yesterday afternoon, mum asked me if I had any Christmas cards left - no!! So, I spent a couple of fun hours in my craft room playing with my new snowflake suite from The Greetery. I made three cards for mum, this is the first:


Stamps: Altenew - Warm Blessings; The Greetery - Snowflake Soiree
Inks: Gina K - Lipstick, Cherry Red, Turquoise Sea, Tranquil Teal
Accessories: White Card; The Greetery - Snowflake Soiree Stencils

I'm submitting this card to AAA Cards - AAA#205 where they want to see Christmas with the option of slimline, I skipped the slimline option. Also to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#450 - pick a previous 2021 challenge and make it festive; I picked challenge #405 - the colours are pretty close!!



It's so easy to create the snowflake border - the stencil is a six-piece set made up of Set A1 & A2, Set B2 & B2 - which together create the border, a stencil for separate snowflakes, and a mask to cover the completed border. I used two shades of red inks for Set A and blue and green inks for for Set B. I covered the completed border with the mask and then lightly inked the bottom of the card and finished by adding a simple greeting in dark blue. I left the inside of the card blank for mum to write her own message.


I was having fun with the stencils so I made a couple more cards - this time I went for shades of pink and purple:


Stamps: Altenew - Warm Blessings; The Greetery - Snowflake Soiree
Inks: Gina K - Dusty Rose, Passionate Pink, Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac
Accessories: White Card; The Greetery - Snowflake Soiree Stencils

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#33 - this is the first time I've used the set, but it won't be the last!!


I used exactly the same technique as outlined above, but this time in non-traditional colours. I love this one!


Here's my final card:


Stamps: Altenew - Warm Blessings; The Greetery - Snowflake Soiree
Inks: Gina K - Applemint, Lucky Clover, Powder Blue, Blue Denim
Accessories: White Card; The Greetery - Snowflake Soiree Stencils

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge - HLSSC#12 where it is Anything Goes. 


This time, as well as the snowflake border at the top of the card, I used the extra stencil to add some large stencilled snowflakes around the edge, as well as stamp a few from the stamp set. Once again, the inside is blank for mum to write her own message.

That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What beautiful and wonderful cards Deborah, I suspect Mum was pleased.
Happy Christmas and New Year
Faith x

Valérie said...

Beautiful trio of cards! Your mum will love them! Perfect CAS card! Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations at CC&S and good luck!

Patricia Hays said...

The snowflakes are so pretty in the unexpected color schemes you've used! Thanks so much for sharing your artwork with us at CC&S! :)

Michal said...

I love all of them, your color combinations are so pretty! I really loved the first card, these snowflakes are everything :) Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches! xx Michal

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

A great collection of cards, they are all so pretty, my favorite is probably the green and blue color combo. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at CC&S

Quillish said...

I love your pretty color combinations for all the cards.. the colors make the snaowflakes, so delightful. Thank you for joining us at AAA Cards, Marieke. Sending love ~ Ishani

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...