Wednesday 15 December 2021

SHC - Batch Christmas Cards ....

.... Morning! I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft blog post. I've been a bit smug about finishing all my Christmas cards for this year. Sadly, last weekend, I discovered that I was in fact short several cards. So I decided to batch make some cards. Inspiration for the designs comes from Gina K, but I've used Altenew, Concord & 9th, Colorado Craft Company, and Hero Arts products for my cards. Here are my ten cards:




Stamps: C&9 0 Harvest Wreath Turnabout, Warm Wishes Turnabout, Christmas Cottage; Altenew - Freeform Greenery, Parrot Paradise, Happy Dreams, Majestic Mistletoe, Warm Blessings; Hero Arts - Color Layering Holly; CCC - Big & Bold Majestic Moth, Big & Bold Holly & Berries
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Always Artichoke, Gumball Green, Riding Hood Red; Gina K - Tranquil Teal; Versafine Claire - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layouts 3
Accessories: White & Black Card; SU Card - Midnight Muse, Raspberry Ripple, Always Artichoke, Gumball Green, Riding Hood Red

I'm submitting these cards to Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#106 and to Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#41 where it is always Anything Christmas Goes.


I started by preparing all my materials. I used old cardstock to make the note cards - all A2 side opening cards in festive colours. I cut ten white panels 3½" x 4¾" and 10 black panels 3⅝" x 4⅞". I went through my large vast stamp collection and found stamps sets with lots of smaller leaf images that would work to create a wreath. Most of the designs are centred on the white panel, with a few off to the side. I stamped the various leaves using inks to match the cardstock. Once finished, I adhered the stamped panels to the black layer panels and added them to the front of the note cards. Next I made the focal sentiments. Once again, I found smaller greetings, stamped them in black on white card. I used a stitch edged circle die to cut them out and a slightly larger die to cut a black mat layer. I adhered all the greetings flat to the front of the card. Inside, I kept things simple. I cut a white panel 4" x 5¼" and I used the same greeting for all the panels. I added a single leaf image for decoration and stamped it to match the cardstock.


I'm very pleased how these turned out. I got them made in about three hours and I think I've now got all the cards I need this year. But I had such fun, that I might make a couple of sets to give as gifts this year - to my son and to my daughter!! I spent most of Sunday writing all my cards and they are now on their way to my family and friends. That's all for today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...