Friday 10 December 2021

The Christmas Tree ....

... Morning!! Yes, it's me with another post - that's three in a week. Wow. Today I'm sharing a card that I made for Rachel - my daughter's flat mate. Rach asked me to make a personalised Christmas card for her grandparents - it was my absolute pleasure. Here's the card:


Stamps: C&9 - Fa La La Fringe Tree, Perfectly Penned, Yuletide Ornament, Tiny Trees Turnabout; Hero Arts - Color Layering Holly Leaf
Inks: Gina K - Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus, Christmas Pine, Lipstick, Warm Cocoa; Versafine Claire - Nocturne; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: C&9 - Fa La La Fringe Tree
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Pear Pizzazz; Kaisercraft DP - Christmas Edition; Red Satin Mirri Card; Gold Satin Mirri Card

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#12 and to Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog - MLCCB#41 where it is always Anything Christmas Goes.


Rach asked me to make a more traditional Christmas card for her grandparents. So this card is mostly more traditional - I've used red and green and featured Christmas trees, but I think the backing paper gives a slightly more contemporary twist. I trimmed the design paper to fit a 6¼" x 4½" card. I stamped the personalised names with an older C&9 set - Perfectly Penned - it's super and the first time that I've actually used it!! I stamped the fringe tree on green card using several shades of green ink. I used the matching die to cut it out the stamped layers along with the green base tree. I adhered the layers and added pretty red satin baubles to the tree. I adhered the tree to the notecard, added a gold star and finished with a simple greeting. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of green card. On the white panel I stamped a Christmas greeting. I stamped the matching mini fringe tree towards the bottom of the panel.


I sent the card to Rachel earlier this week and she was delighted with it - just hope her Nanny and Pappy like it too. That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

JulieP said...

I love the paper you used!!!! I'm sure they'll love it. Thank so much for playing along with us at the HLS die challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...