Sunday 14 April 2024

Sympathy Card

... Good afternoon! I've had a fun day in my craft room. I need to rebuild my card stash - I didn't make many cards last year, and I've worked my way through all my stash. So, today I made a start on a sympathy card. I used lots last year and I sincerely hope that I don't need any this year, but it is always so much easier to make them when you don't actually need them. So here's my card:


Stamps: Waffle Flower - With Sympathy Duo; PTI - Random Stripe
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Cappuccino Delight
Dies: Marianne Design - Forest Branch LR0150
Accessories: White & Brown Card

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#256 where the keyword is 'monochrome'.


Last week I started going through my old stamps and dies. I found the PTI stripe stamp set and used it for a clean, simple birthday card. I like this set, so I used it again today. I stamped the 'barcode' style image directly onto a white A2 note card. I used shades of brown. The sentiment I picked has a clean, crisp font and works perfectly with the stripe image. I finished the front by die cutting the forest branch (a very, very old die) in brown shimmer card along with two white dies. I layered them together and then added them to the card.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of the shimmer brown card - it's a bit smaller than I'd normally do, but I was running out of card! On the white panel I added another sympathy sentiment. The stamp set has lots of mini sentiments which can be added when needed.


That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...