Sunday 28 April 2024

Birthday Balloons

.... Good afternoon! It's been a lovely day here in Northop Hall. Bright, sunny, and cold! Jonathan has had a photoshoot at home, Mum's been to church and has been enjoying an afternoon movie, and I've been in my craft room working on more birthday cards and listening to music. Here's the card I made:


Stamps: Gina K - Birthday Sparkle, Big Birthday, So Many Sentiments
Inks: Gina K - Red Hot, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Blue Denim, Wild Lilac; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: MFT - Dienamics - Stitched Fishtail Flag Stax #4, Fishtail Flags Layers Stax1 #5
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Stencil - Bold Balloons

I'm submitting this card to Just Us Girls - JUGS#724 where it's anything goes with a stencil, and to Seize the Birthday - STB#282 where the topping of 'off the edge'.


I love rainbow birthday cards - they are so bright and cheerful and work for everyone. I cut a piece of white card and masked an area to create a column of balloons. I started at the top with red and finished at the bottom with purple. I used a stitched edge die to cut the fishtail flag (it was a bit longer than I wanted so I moved the die down to make it shorter). I cut a fishtail in black card for the mat layer. I adhered this to the front of an A2 white note card. The tag is very slightly bigger than the card, so it's off the edge and meets the STB challenge requirement. I added some rainbow and black stars/sparkles directly to the white card and finished the front with a simple birthday greeting.


For the inside, I stamped a bold and fun birthday greeting in black, added some stars/sparkles and finished with a few balloons stencilled at the top going off the edge.


Before I go, I have to thank everyone who has stopped by to leave a comment. I appreciate the time you take and your lovely words. Thanks. And that's it for today.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Carol said...

Great idea for a stencil challenge! Love those little sparkle symbols too! So colorful and fun!Thanks for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your stenciled balloons look amazing and so realistic! Great design, too. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Buffy said...

Brilliant birthday card Debs
Hugs Buf xx

JulieP said...

Your balloons are so much fun!!! Clever design too with just the itty bitty off the edge. These are wonderful. Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

Nancy said...

Great birthday card and great use of your Topping. The balloons all look perfect and I love the added stars! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and for using the Topping!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...