Tuesday 9 April 2024

Chase the Gloomies Away

.... Afternoon! It's feeling like autumn here today - so much rain, so cold and so windy. And there are lots of challenges in blogland with the general theme of rain, rainbows and sunshine. So I made a card:


Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Scattered Showers, Scattered Showers Additions
Inks: Gina K - Stormy Sky, Wild Dandelion; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: PTI - Scattered Showers
Accessories: White & Black Card; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to Just Us Girls - JUGS#721 where they have these wonderful bold, bright colours, and to The Paper Players - PP#684 where the theme is rain, sunshine and rainbows.


I've been shopping my stash and realise that I've not used my Papertrey Ink stamps and dies for ages, so I have the perfect sets and I've made a clean, simple card. I stamped the raindrops (second generation impression) directly on the note card. I die cut three white umbrellas, stamped on the image and coloured the panels with Copic markers. I finished the front with this cute message - believe me, the gloomies are very present in North Wales today!!!


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I added a fun greeting - well, after the rain, it has to be sun. And I stamped a bold, bright yellow sun in top corner.


This card will be in the post tonight - my aunt needs cheering up! Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a sweet CAS card using our colors this week at Just Us Girls! Great sentiment too! Thanks for playing along!!

Bobby said...

I love the gloomies sentiment, Deborah, and what a great way to use our challenge colors. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Jaydee said...

I love your bright umbrella and such a great sentiment. A fabulous CAS card. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful Deborah! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...