Tuesday 21 September 2021

SHC - Autumn Leaves ...

... Morning! Surprise, I'm a day early with my Seven Hills Craft blog post - I swapped with Terri. I've got three autumn leaf cards to share with you today, all have the wonderful Triple Step Autumn Leaf from Concord and 9th. I'll start with a clean, simple, sympathy card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Triple Step Autumn Leaf; Altenew - Sweet Gingko, Beautiful Inside
Inks: Gina K - Dark Chocolate, Blue Lagoon, Honey Mustard, Kraft
Dies: C&9 - Triple Step Autumn Leaf
Accessories: SU Card - Naturals Ivory; Cream Card; Various card scraps

I'm submitting this card to Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#206 where the cue word is Leaf, and to The Paper Players - PP#559 where the challenge is clean and simple Fall Fun.


I got the idea for this card from the brilliant Jennifer McGuire where she showed how to make some super cards with this stamp set. To make the leaf I first put double-sided adhesive on a piece of white card and used the outline die to cut a white leaf. I then put the outline die and inside piece together and cut another leaf from white card. I removed all the little bits, took off the adhesive covering and placed the die-cut leaf on the sticky leaf. I then die cut the leaf from various bits of scrap card on my desk. Next it was simply a case of putting all the little bits from the coloured card into the white leaf. I layered the complete leaf on two more white die cut leaves. I used a brush to add some ink around the outside of the leaf. I made the note card from ivory card, adhered the leaf and finished with a simple sentiment. Inside the card, I cut a piece of cream card slightly smaller than the note card. I stamped a verse and added a leaf. 


As a result of making the card above, I had four die cut leaves left over, and I made a card with them:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Triple Step Autumn Leaf; Kids are Grand
Inks: Gina K - Dark Chocolate, Blue Lagoon, Honey Mustard, Kraft
Dies: C&9 - Triple Step Autumn Leaf
Accessories: SU Card - Naturals Ivory, More Mustard; White Card; Various card scraps



I used cream cardstock for the notecard. I adhered the four leaves to the card front, cut off the parts that hung over the edge, and used them to fill in the gaps. I finished the front with a simple greeting stamped on a strip of cream card. Inside, I cut a mat layer of mustard card. On the white panel, I stamped a birthday greeting and some falling autumn leaves.


My final card is clean, simple and rather sparkly!!


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Triple Step Autumn Leaf; Bold Butterflies, Harvest Wreath Turnabout
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango, Red Velvet; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Triple Step Autumn Leaf
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Riding Hood Red; Gems

I'm submitting this to Just Us Girls - JUGS#602 where they have a colour challenge.


This time, instead of using the die to cut out the pattern inside the leaf, I used the triple-step stamps. I layered the finished leaf on three more white leaves and adhered it to the front of a white card. I finished the front with a simple greeting and lots of pretty clear crystal gems. Inside, I cut a mat layer of red card. On the white panel I stamped a greeting and added a tiny butterfly coloured to match the leaf.


That's all from me today. See you again next week.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Deborah. You have converted me. I am going to have to check out that C&9 set. All of your cards are just lovely! I think it is fabulous when you make a purchase and find a set is so versatile. Congrats on your wonderful fall cards. Thanks for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls.

Nancy said...

Love your fall cards, Deborah! You are going to have a lot of fun with these for years to come! Great use of my colors this week! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for Color Week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! both are just wonderful and what a clever way to get the little pieces back into the die cut.
Faith x

Claire Broadwater said...

Deborah, these are so fun! I love all the pretty colors and those little die cut items! Lots of work and oh, so worth it! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Papers!

Vicky Hayes said...

These are all beautiful Deborah! How much fun to play with one set and come up with loads of different looks - haven't done that since I was a SU demo! I love the inlaid leaf and you've chosen some gorgeous colours, and the card you made with the 'waste' from the inlays is superb. And lovely to see the large leaf with the leafy stamping giving a different look again. Thank you for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

Jaydee said...

What a wonderful die and I love all those colors. The little die-cut pieces are adorable and so different. So glad you shared these beauties with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

Beautiful! Love the inlaying. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...