Saturday 16 March 2024

Easter Postage Style

.... Good evening!! It's been rather dull here today, so I've spent the day in my craft room. I've made a couple of cards - one I can share now, and one you'll see soon. I need several Easter cards for my family and this is the first:


Stamps: Lawn Fawn - Celebration Scripty Sayings, Celebration Scripty Sentiments, Happy Happy Happy; Waltzingmouse Stamps - Vintage Postcards; Waffle Flower - Postage Collage
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Powder Blue, Blue Denim, Light Orchid, Medium Orchid, Dark Orchid, Light Lilac, Medium Lilac, Dark Lilac; Memento - Summer Sky; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Waffle Flower - Postage Collage Die A2 
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Stencil - Christmas Flowers; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this card to AAA Colourful - AAAC#02 where the colour board is just gorgeous - shades of pinks, blues and purples - love them!!


I'm working through the postage collage die cuts on my desk. For this one, I masked the edges of the die and between each 'stamp'. The flower stencil has four layers which are very easy to line up. I inked each flower a different colour, added the leaves and the dots. I removed the masking strips and used a mix of stamps sets to add the extra details in black ink. I layered the finished panel onto a black mat layer and then added the whole piece to the front of an A2 white note card.


For the inside of the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped an Easter greeting made up from two stamps sets. I finished the panel by lightly stencilling another flower to the bottom corner.


It's been a fun day. Not only have I made some cards, I've completed a couple of pages in my art journals, and I've been listening to Audible. I'm listening to Misery by Stephen King - really enjoying this book - reminds me that I should rewatch the movie!! That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

cm said...

You are creating absolutely lovely cards with the postage collage dies and various stencils. This is soooo pretty!
~carol

Nancy said...

I am loving this postal collage idea... and the colours are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at AAAColourful!

Maggie said...

Love how you approached the color challenge! These postage products are so fun! Thanks for playing at AAA Colourful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...