Friday 22 March 2024

Easter Simplicity

.... Good afternoon! It's been a lovely day here in Northop Hall - blue skies and sunshine, but a cold wind. I've been doing my usual - working in my craft room. I finished my last Easter card - this one is for our son, Ben. Here's the card:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps (closed) - Free Spirit Boy, Compact Sentiments; Gina K - Handmade Holidays
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Blue Raspberry, Blue Denim, Key Lime, Lucky Clover, Soft Stone; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Spellbinders - Nested Eggs (S4-264) #2; Gina K - Handmade Holidays
Accessories: White Card; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#533 - they have a sketch this week, and to CAS on Friday - CASOF#279 - where the theme is Easter.


I was having a bit of struggle trying to decide what to make for Ben's card, then when I saw the sketch, I knew that it would have to be six funky Easter eggs. I stamped the large Free Spirit circle image in Versmark ink and embossed with clear powder - I did two images. I coloured one with blue inks and the other with green inks. I used a small Easter egg die to cut out three of each and added them to a plain white A2 note card. I finished the front with a simple Easter greeting in black ink.


For the inside, I cut a couple of pieces of white card. On the larger piece I lightly brushed on blue ink. On the smaller piece I stamped the large circle image in soft grey ink and added a bold greeting in black ink. I layered the panels together and adhered them inside the card.


The Free Spirit Boy stamp set is from Waltzingmouse Stamps and is one of my all time favourite sets. I've used it often to make cards for Ben. 

On my last post, I mentioned that I was going to have some blonde highlights in my hair and promised a photo. Here it is:


I'm so pleased how the colour has come out. I love, love the bright blue, pink and green that I had over Christmas, but it takes so much to keep it looking nice (and it's expensive too, so it was time to go back to more 'normal' colours. That's all for today. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Loving the detail on those colourful embossed Easter eggs Deborah - fabulous new hairstyle too! Thanks for playing with our sketch challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

So much fun. I love the beautifully funky eggs. The coloring and embossing is sooooo cool! Well done. I may need to borrow this idea in the future. Thanks for joining us for this challenge at CC&S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...