Thursday 14 March 2024

Modern Roses

.... Hello, good morning! I had fun yesterday afternoon and finished off two more cards with the new Modern Roses stamp set. Here they are:


Stamps: Gina K - Modern Roses, Sweet Sentiments
Inks: Wild Dandelion, Dusty Rose, Key Lime, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Modern Roses, Master Layouts 1
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Embossing Folder - Swiss Dot

I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#60 - all of it!! I'm also playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More! - ATSM#463 the theme is 'birthdays', and to The Paper Players - PP#680 - these colours.




I stamped the roses in pink on white card, added the leaves and then die cut the panel to size. I placed the piece into the Swiss Dot EF. I realised after I'd run it through the Spellbinders that I had the EF the wrong way up - but I quite like the debossed look!! I than stamped a few roses in yellow and some leaves in a darker green; I used the matching die to cut them out. I added the roses and leaves to the stamped panel and then adhered the panel to a black mat layer and then to an A2 white note card. I finished the front with a pretty birthday greeting stamped in black and die cut. I also cut a few extra white die cuts and layered them together to give dimension to the greeting.


Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped a scripty greeting and added some roses and a leaf.


This card is for Ann - one of the ladies mum and I know from the hairdressers. I've been taking mum to see Tracey for a weekly hair wash and dry for the past two years and we've got to know all the regulars. It's a lovely salon, and last week Ann gave us the most delicious lemon drizzle cake - it didn't last long. And that's when we found out it's Ann's birthday tomorrow.

My next card is for a friend who I've not seen for some time:


Stamps: Modern Roses, Wonderfully Made
Inks: Gina K - Ocean Mist, Powder Blue, Key Lime; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Modern Roses, Master Layouts 2
Accessories: White & Black Card; Copic Marker

I'm submitting this one to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#532 for the colours, and Addicted to CAS - ATCAS#253 where the theme is 'friends'.


I used my MISTI to stamp the roses first in pale blue and then again in a darker blue. Then I stamped the leaves in a bright green. I used a stitched edge die to cut out the panel and layered it onto a black mat and added it to the front of an A2 white note card. I stamped the sentiment in black and cut it, and a couple of blanks, out with the matching die. I added the sentiment in the bottom right corner. I really like the way this stamp works so well in both landscape and portrait.


For the inside, I cut a piece of white card and stamped a simple greeting in the corner, leaving a nice space for my message. I finished by edging the panel with a blue marker and then adhered it into the card.


I can see that this set is going to be a favourite. I had lots of fun making these cards. That's all for now. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

7 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Catching up with your fabulous cards, love the roses in all their colours, beautiful cards Deborah. x

Jaydee said...

Deborah, you showcased these wonderful florals beautifully. I love the polka dot layer, too. It adds texture without detracting from your focal image. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Laura said...

Beautiful cards, Deborah! I love the variation in the blue inking.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh, i just love this stamp set Deborah and you showcased the challenge colors beautifully. You inspired me to ink my set up tomorrow, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

jaydeestamping said...

Deborah, I love this set and I especially love it in the blue and green version for your submission to Addicted to CAS. So glad you shared this fabulous friends card with us this week
Jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Deborah you have created two fabulous cards using this set! I love the style of the flowers and I think the blue colourway is particularly eye-catching. Thanks for sharing with us over at the Paper Players and CAS Colours & Sketches respectively!

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh this is beautiful

Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...